Advanced search

Beyond the Pixie (cut)

(5 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 31-Jan-15 23:11:28

My hair is six weeks past it's last cut and though the back and sides are still short, the top is getting longer (my hair is wavy)

I'm thinking "hmm shall I let t grow a bit for a change?"

I could straighten and gel/mousse it , bring the fringe forward or side parting.
But how do you get beyond the messy stage without running screaming to the hairdresser and shrieking "Cut it off, cut it offfff "

Greengardenpixie Sat 31-Jan-15 23:55:45

I havw grown my hair a few times. I do it by gettng it into a short bob and growing it longer. Its always worked for me.

samesizetoes Sun 01-Feb-15 08:20:53

Hats, accessories, clips and slides. Anything for a bit of distraction from the 'too long/not long enough' stage.

BreakOutTheKaraoke Sun 01-Feb-15 14:58:55

I got through it by gradually moving the parting further and further to one side, until it was long enough to put into a bob shape. My fringe went from being a crop to being more like Frankie from the Saturdays, if you can picture the shape.

I also went down the accessory road. Tons of headbands, with the fringe down, like this and try experimenting with quiffs and pulling it all off your face too.

I apologise if the Michelle Williams pictures have the same effect on you as they do me- looking at her makes me wish I'd never grown it out!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 01-Feb-15 15:40:07

I'd look like Thelma from Scooby Doo with a short bob (though my glasses are slightly more refined than hers shock )

I'm going to try my ultra mini straighteners during the week, and move the parting different sides
Trouble is, the short hair is just so darned convinient and I wash it every other day but it gets soaked on non-wash days.

It would need to be choppy layered to sit in a short bob (Meg Ryan type) but I had a one length shoulder length bob for ages and got bored so I'm not aiming for that again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now