Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Just found out I'm a soft autumn and I am shocked!

(9 Posts)
mycatlikestwiglets Sat 31-Jan-15 22:49:40

Had my colours done today and to my surprise I'm a soft autumn. I was expecting to be a spring and couldn't quite believe how much better the autumn palate looked on me. Unfortunately I have hardly any autumn colours in my wardrobe so I need to massively branch out and away from my comfort zone next time I do any clothes shopping.

Has anyone else been surprised after a colour analysis and if so, did you find it hard to change your shopping habits?

AsBrightAsAJewel Sun 01-Feb-15 08:51:11

Of all four seasons I am the only one I thought I wouldn't be during the opening chat and looking at the colour wheel on the consultant's wall!

However I was overjoyed that I can legitimately wear black now. I really miss the sugary and pastel colours I am automatically drawn to though.

SaltySeaBird Sun 01-Feb-15 08:54:13

I've seen colours mentioned on here a lot ... how do you find out what you are - I assume you have to have a consultation somewhere?

AsBrightAsAJewel Sun 01-Feb-15 09:01:00

Most people have been to a consultant from House of Colour.

mycatlikestwiglets Sun 01-Feb-15 09:24:55

Yep Salty there are people out there who do colour analysis for a living! I saw someone from House of Colour - DH organised it for me for Christmas as I know a few people who've had it done and wanted to see if I've been getting it right (not as much as I thought is the answer grin)

LackingCommonSense Sun 01-Feb-15 09:42:26

How much does it cost? I'm intrigued as I did a quiz online and the colours weren't what I thought at all so would be interested in having it done properly.. there's no one doing it in south Wales though so would be off to Bristol too!

GatoNaranja Sun 01-Feb-15 10:19:18

It's about £110. Well worth it. Was cynical before I went but it was v enlightening!

AsBrightAsAJewel Sun 01-Feb-15 10:39:08

Online quizzes had me at either Spring or Autumn. I was wearing lots of Summer colours and thought I was looking OK in them. UNTIL I had my consultation and saw what I looked like in Winter colours! I love colour, but it was something I really couldn't see for myself until it was explained and demonstrated by the consultant.

LackingCommonSense Sun 01-Feb-15 11:06:19

Pfff quite a lot though,! Will have to save it for a treat I think.. Would love to do it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: