Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Where can I find a waxy coat?

(11 Posts)
TeaAddict235 Sat 31-Jan-15 21:02:24

I need a heavy warm waxy coat for daily wear. Does anyone know of somewhere that is selling them where I can go and try one on?

I have quite broad shoulders and so need to try coats on, so I don't really want to have to order online.

Thank you ever so much Stylers!

TeaAddict235 Sat 31-Jan-15 23:00:45

bump

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sat 31-Jan-15 23:03:17

You mean like a Barbour?

There was a whole load in John Lewis recently.

yazzy85 Sun 01-Feb-15 00:41:22

Something like this www.whitestuff.com/mobile/womens/coats-jackets/blue-parklife-parka/ ?

EBearhug Sun 01-Feb-15 01:00:34

if you mean like a Barbour then a country store like Scats, or a country show.

MrsShrek3 Sun 01-Feb-15 01:15:46

Barbour at John Lewis. Pricey but worth it smile

LackingCommonSense Sun 01-Feb-15 08:12:56

I've got a parker style coat from trespass.. green waxy material, really warm and the biggest hood ever! grin

MedusaIsHavingaBadHairday Sun 01-Feb-15 08:44:27

https://www.outdoorandcountry.co.uk/Womenswear/womens-jackets-coats/Womens-Waxed-Jackets/All-Waxed-Jackets.sub

I got my Barbour from here, as they have some decent sales. However I tried on all the styles in my local Barbour shop first for size then ordered online for one in the sales :D If in doubt go up a size for the shoulders! Mine was half price because it was last year's lining pattern... fine by me !

hollyisalovelyname Sun 01-Feb-15 09:41:09

Check out Jack Murphy website. A whole lot cheaper than Barbour. The website will tell you who stocks the brand.

TeaAddict235 Sun 01-Feb-15 21:01:37

thanks Stylers! I'm not sure if I want to go for the Barbour brand, I was snubbed by a sales person in a store at Christmas unfortunately.

I am a bit tempted to pick up a fisherman's one from a market to be honest just to avoid buying Barbour blush

hollyisalovelyname Mon 02-Feb-15 18:15:29

Do try jackmurphy.eu
Waxed jackets, coats etc

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: