Talk

Advanced search

Clothes to do sport in...

(15 Posts)
KipperTheFish Sat 31-Jan-15 19:40:27

I have recently lost quite a bit of weight and am starting to exercise again, but I have NO idea where to buy things from. I need a 14-16.

I mainly want to do zumba, aerobics type classes and netball.

Can you help me look vaguely like someone who hasn't just bought all their sports stuff from M&S (which is what I've done so far!) ?

Please please please!

Lardylassnomore Sat 31-Jan-15 19:42:39

Op you won't be the only one who is kitted out in new gym kit. Don't worry just enjoy your new kit!

Madamecastafiore Sat 31-Jan-15 19:44:23

wineGAP stuff is great value and really nice quality.

Nike have lots of discount shops around the country too and you can't go wrong just buying all black stuff from Nike. Lasts for and age too.

EddieStobbart Sat 31-Jan-15 19:45:43

Aside from the sports brands Gap, Fat Face and Boden all have sport ranges. Have just been for a run so still wearing Sweaty Betty Racer pants (boot leg as leggings give me the horrors) and a Mizuno top I got from a running shop. And a sports bra from TK Maxx.

mimiasovitch Sat 31-Jan-15 19:46:29

I love Nike capris. Good and thick fabric.

KipperTheFish Sat 31-Jan-15 23:53:12

Thank you all. I will explore all of the above. I had no idea gap did sports stuff - who knew.

Thistledew Sun 01-Feb-15 00:18:13

TK Maxx is a good option, if you are willing to have a rummage. If not, the Karrimor range from Sports Direct is perfectly serviceable.

Shonajay Sun 01-Feb-15 14:06:19

Kate Hudson has brought out a range that's really reasonably priced, on offer for £22 for two pieces I've seen advertised, if it's still on promotion. I loved them they weren't plastered in garish patterns.

Armpitt Sun 01-Feb-15 14:07:33

Sport brands. Or h and m

Skinheadmermaid Sun 01-Feb-15 14:26:40

H&M, Primark, TK Maxx and Sports direct are all my go to places for sports wear.
Oh and I recently got a nice sports bra from Asda!

Shonajay Sun 01-Feb-15 15:03:29

Fabletics is the kate Hudson range and I've just read on man in another thread that it's a subscription service and they can keep taking money from you if you don't tick a certain box, so I'd either avoid or be very very wary. Thought it sounded like a good deal, sorry.

butterfliesinmytummy Sun 01-Feb-15 15:09:12

I'm your size and love gap. I normally wear black or charcoal Capri leggings, a very long tight vest that covers my bum in a bright colour (have Nike I turquoise and sweaty betty in purple) and a gap long sleeved thin baggy t shirt in a muted colour. I have a dark grey one with a grey picture of the earth on it which is my current favourite. The quality is great.

goodasitgets Sun 01-Feb-15 15:33:13

I'm a size bigger than you and tall
Tend to stick to nike relay crops (Google for cheapest!) and nike vests as they're nice and long smile
Mainly from wiggle.com or sports direct
Get trousers that have an internal drawstring otherwise they fall down

KipperTheFish Tue 03-Feb-15 21:43:34

Thank you all so much. I honestly wouldn't have known most of those places did sports stuff.

I now have ordered two long Nike vest tops from wiggle.com, some capri length black Adidas leggings from JL, bought a top from TKMaxx, and a top from H&M and one from gap!

butterfliesinmytummy I am stealing your look!

butterfliesinmytummy Tue 03-Feb-15 23:03:10

Does that make me a trendsetter? Never been one of those before wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: