Advanced search

Best shampoo for henna users?

(10 Posts)
m0gz Sat 31-Jan-15 16:16:47

I finally took the plunge yesterday and applied half a block of lush caca marron to my hair (after reading about it on here). I am really pleased with the colour and the grey coverage. Should I be using any particular shampoo and conditioner to help maintain the colour?

I was using the tresemme keratin shampoo, conditioner and oil which helps calm the frizzyness of my hair. Should I stick with this or is there something better I could be using for the henna?

cheeseismydownfall Sat 31-Jan-15 16:41:07

Watching with interest, have a bowl of gloop developing as I type ready for inaugural henna application tonight! I am currently using John frieda shampoo and conditioner for red hair (have previously been using copper brown chemical dyes)

m0gz Sat 31-Jan-15 20:24:50

Are you sat with cling film wrapped gloop on your head yet cheese? I spent most of last night trying not to move much as it kept dripping but it was so worth it seeing the colour and shine to it today.

TeaAddict235 Sat 31-Jan-15 21:03:41

How long does your henna colour last for, and what difference do you notice on your hair?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 31-Jan-15 21:09:15

Can you still get Henara (or Henera) in shops?
I saw it on eBay , it used to be the one to use with henna.

Matching conditioner
And Henna Wax

m0gz Sat 31-Jan-15 21:32:39

I used henara many years ago as a teenager. They are selling henara for brunettes in poundland / poundworld but I want to enhance and maintain the red.

TeaAddict I'm not sure how long it will last etc as this the first time I have used the marron but the shine, softness and grey coverage is wonderful smile

Don't tell anyone but I actually like the smell of my hair today, dd (age 9) is horrified by the smell of it grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 31-Jan-15 21:34:43

What does the Lush henna smell like (I used to use Body Shop extra red ) it smelled like fag ash and looked like cowpat grin

I don't like the smell but I love the effect. Must do mine again soon, it is looking a little faded and dry, but it is a palava, my hair is quite long at the moment. It is a permanent colour, but I stick close to my natural colour so regrowth doesn't show. I use silicone free conditioners and low sulphate shampoos as I have curly hair, am not sure if they are best for it or not really, I'm marking my spot to see what others say.

m0gz Sat 31-Jan-15 21:46:54

Lush henna smells and looks like perfumed grass that has been churned up and fallen out of a cows bottom but it makes my hair look amazing (honest) grin

boulie Sat 31-Jan-15 23:10:08

Henna doesn't fade like box dye so you don't need to worry too much about which shampoos.
After you've used it a couple of times, the colour has built up and stays that way.
I've been henna-ing my hair for years and I use a mix of shampoos and conditioners which are usually sulphate free / for coloured hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now