Advanced search

35 and a bit clueless about what to wear - ideas please!

(5 Posts)
Lottapianos Sat 31-Jan-15 13:51:40

I could do with some style ideas - I need some new clothes for Spring/Summer but am all out of inspiration and don't know where to begin. Some useful info:
- age 35, 5' 8, size 10-12, size 30H boobs
- dark brown hair, pale skin, grey eyes
- I walk a lot so shoes have to be flat and made of leather
- particularly in need of jackets, dresses, tops, shoes

I'm not someone who is really into 'fashion' as such but I enjoy clothes and would like to look stylish and smart. I font need anything super dressy, just day stuff and evening down the pub type casuals. All advice gratefully received!

theyoniwayisnorthwards Sat 31-Jan-15 15:47:30

Ooh, not sure I can be particularly helpful as I'm not very stylish, but watching with interest because you sound like a slimmer version of me. For what it's worth I like Uniquo for jeans that fit long legs well, mint velvet for boots, and dresses and I recently bought a whistles skirt in the sales and love it.

ignominious Sat 31-Jan-15 16:44:06

White stuff is nice? I'm about the same as you but pregnanter and have no idea.

BlueEyedWonder Sat 31-Jan-15 18:55:02

I'm 38. For work (casual sort of environment) I wear, cigarette pants, fitted shirts, pencil skirts and fitted merino sweaters and cardigans.
Weekends I wear straight leg jeans or skinnys with striped tops, fairisle jumpers, parka, converse or ankle boots.
Going out I wear plain dresses, pleather leggings or skater style skirt, lace blouses, tuxedo style blazer animal print heels

Lottapianos Sun 01-Feb-15 09:25:48

Interesting, thanks all. Im currently taking inspiration from Sharon Horgan's character in Catastrophe on Channel 4, loving her look

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now