Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What style boots do you wear with slim/straight jeans?

(6 Posts)
Jemster Sat 31-Jan-15 10:50:05

I want some new high waisted jeans & find slim/straight the most comfortable and flattering.
What boots go well with them? I tried my long boots but they didn't look quite right as bunched up at knee. If I go for ankle boots will they look weird tucked into them?

dexter73 Sat 31-Jan-15 11:53:21

I think straight leg jeans look best not tucked in. I would wear chelsea boots under them.

IvanOsokin Sat 31-Jan-15 12:01:24

I wear Chelsea boots with mine. Actually I wear them with my skinnies too, but that's because they're not skinny enough to tuck into my boots without looking silly. I just haven't got this how-to-dress thing sorted at all...

IvanOsokin Sat 31-Jan-15 12:02:07

I should have said I wear Chelsea boots with my jeans not tucked in!

plasticbanana Sat 31-Jan-15 14:08:38

Watching with interest. I've got some beautiful heeled ankle boots and chelsea boots that I love that look great with skinnies, but neither of them look right with my slim or straight jeans. I've looked on Pinterest but I can't see any shoes or boots that I like with straights or slim jeans. Maybe ballet flats look ok but I hate to wear them as they're too uncomfortable. Does anyone have any ideas?

QueenCardigan Sat 31-Jan-15 14:36:26

I wear ankle boots under my jeans. Or I roll the jeans up so they show a little gap of ankle

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: