Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a jumper defluffer please?

(17 Posts)
Nospringflower Sat 31-Jan-15 07:49:36

I have a few jumpers with bobbles and just noticed a wool skirt too. Have wanted one for years but never known what to get! Bought one from white company like a credit card with a razor blade on the end but didn't think it was very good! Please help! Thanks.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Sat 31-Jan-15 07:53:05

I use a Korbond cashmere comb thingy - it's lasted longer than my White Co defuzzer thing.

TendonQueen Sat 31-Jan-15 07:57:04

Would like a recommendation for one we these myself!

Greengardenpixie Sat 31-Jan-15 07:57:22

I bought one from amazon and despite good reviews after using it I noticed small holes angry It was the comb type so just beware.

Nospringflower Sat 31-Jan-15 08:02:37

I remember years ago people having ones with a wee collector chamber underneath that gathered all the fluff but never knew if they were any good. Have had far too long wanting one!!

Onlyconnect Sat 31-Jan-15 08:06:43

AN old fashioned hair roller does a reasonable job if you stretch the fabric and roll it over. Not a roller with hard sticking out plastic bits.

KnitterInTheNW Sat 31-Jan-15 08:14:52

I love my JML bobble off, it always does a brilliant job and has never made any holes or anything. It's very satisfying!

MaryMarigold Sat 31-Jan-15 08:15:29

Yes I have the electric one with the chamber underneath. It's by JML and I got it in Robert Dyas. I use it on all my jumpers every couple of months and I wouldn't be without it!

Nospringflower Sat 31-Jan-15 08:16:52

Ooh will look at the JML ones then!

Quite fancy this if it wasn't so dear

MaryMarigold Sat 31-Jan-15 08:18:04

JML one is this one:

stripytees Sat 31-Jan-15 08:27:32

I use the comb type from Pure Collection and it works well for me. Had a battery operated one before and that made a huge hole!

Picastyle Sat 31-Jan-15 09:53:56

Lakeland do a wool comb which is a plastic thing with a rough edge and they also do something called a Bobble Buster which is a battery operated shaver thing. Both work well for me. John Lewis also do a wool comb in their haberdashery dept.

Waxlyrically Sat 31-Jan-15 10:09:12

I have a Lakeland bobble buster. It's ok but takes a long time to do. No holes though.

Follyfoot Sat 31-Jan-15 10:16:47

I've got this one and its been great so far.

DidoTheDodo Sat 31-Jan-15 16:37:55

Another lakeland bobble buster user here. It's deeply satisfying.

CointreauVersial Sat 31-Jan-15 20:17:02

I have one of those battery operated defuzzers which shave your jumpers and collect the bobbles - I reckon I have had it for about 25 years and it is still going strong.

I think it came from the Innovations catalogue (remember that? grin ).

So I can't offer a specific purchase recommendation, just a big thumbs up for that type of defuzzer.

Nospringflower Tue 03-Feb-15 22:03:22

Thanks everyone for all your help. Have ordered a Lakeland one but thinking I might also get one of the scrapers too. Here's to me having nice smooth jumpers again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now