Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Scarves ending up lopsided

(7 Posts)
Behooven Fri 30-Jan-15 16:17:37

I loop the scarf from from front to back and bring the long ends round the front. It starts off even but within 5 minutes the left end is way longer than the right. Why is that?

FestiveRoad Fri 30-Jan-15 16:50:11

How about if you tuck each long end through the loop before you let it hang (near your collarbone iyswim). Hopefully that would anchor it down.

fieldfare Fri 30-Jan-15 16:53:10

Make a loose loop, twist the loop and then poke the ends through the bottom hole.

FestiveRoad Fri 30-Jan-15 16:54:55

This is what I mean at about 45 seconds in
www.insideoutstyleblog.com/2012/08/13-ways-to-wear-a-pashmina-or-long-rectangular-scarf.html

LadyB49 Fri 30-Jan-15 19:03:20

Love this link.

Behooven Fri 30-Jan-15 19:19:34

Great link, thanks

Timeandtune Fri 30-Jan-15 19:26:54

What this woman can't do with scarves isn't worth knowing www.maitaispicturebook.com. Her scarves are all Hermes but the instructions work just as well for my humble scarves.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: