Advanced search

Is it easy to get a high street dress copied in the UK?

(6 Posts)
wildpoppy Thu 29-Jan-15 21:47:20

I have a dress I love - just an every day work dress in jersey material. From M&S. But they don't do it any more and I would really like a couple of copies. Anyone know any dressmakers you can take a dress to and get them to make a copy? Or recommend how I get a good one?

Janek Thu 29-Jan-15 22:13:13

My mum once copied a pair of shorts i owned, but she had to take them apart at the seams, so the pieces became a pattern iyswim.

Based on that, i would have thought a more experience professional could do something for you. Or they might know of a pattern that would make a similar dress.

ishouldcocoa Thu 29-Jan-15 22:17:23

I found loads of ads for dressmakers in a local shop that sold loads of bridal lace and fabric. They were pinned in the entrance area. The shop was in Guildford.
You could try one of them... Although I'm guessing they're pretty busy with the summer wedding season coming up!

Twinklestein Thu 29-Jan-15 22:20:23

I know a good dressmaker in London.

You can have the pattern copied and keep the pattern, so you can then have as many copies made as you like.

wildpoppy Thu 29-Jan-15 22:52:10

Could you recommend them Twinklestein?

Twinklestein Fri 30-Jan-15 00:32:53

Have PMd you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now