Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Lucy Liu - new style crush

(10 Posts)
Bodicea Thu 29-Jan-15 19:39:01

Have been binge watching the first series of elementary and I am coveting Lucy Liu's (character Joan Watson) wardrobe.
I particularly like the was she pairs little mini skirts with things you wouldn't expect such as a floaty silk shirt as a day look. It is mostly expensive designer stuff though I think, and I am more busty and not quite so tiny so a lot wouldn't work on me :-(
But I did feel inspired today to wear something other than jeans or leggings today. I wore an old skater mini from urban outfitters (usually reserved for summer) with a boat neck jumper, tights and my cute new clompy boots.
Put a spring in my step.
New Years resolution - wear more skirts.

Oh and she also wears some lovely subtle jewellery too.

Tanaqui Thu 29-Jan-15 20:13:30

Yes- fab clothes and not "sexy".

But she is always in v impractical heels- including one episode in a blizzard when they went hiking in the snow!

Bodicea Thu 29-Jan-15 21:00:37

Ha yes I do remember thinking that she needed to layer up a bit more.

MrsPeacockDidIt Thu 29-Jan-15 21:21:54

I love her outfits in elementary. I bought an All Saints dress that she wore. You can find most of the outfits she wears on "worn on tv" website. Most of it is really expensive but not all.

BreakOutTheKaraoke Thu 29-Jan-15 21:42:47

Snap! I'm rewatching season 1 as we speak. She wears lots of waterfall cardis, and things that look stylish but very, very, comfy. Love it all.

Thisishowyoudisappear Thu 29-Jan-15 23:13:16

Me too! She is my new style inspiration. i was inspired today to buy a new skirt. I also love and deeply envy her hair.

Bodicea Thu 29-Jan-15 23:17:05

Ooh do tell about the skirt....

Thisishowyoudisappear Thu 29-Jan-15 23:39:01

It's not really Watson style, more 'inspired by', because I can't wear minis - my legs are on the stumpy side and I'm pear shaped, though fairly well proportioned. It's a tube skirt - something I've never tried before (I know it's a bit of an MN staple)! I like layering tshirts and cardigans and I have a few things vaguely similar to what she wears that I think will work with the skirt - a nice change from jeans too.

Enormouse Fri 30-Jan-15 09:42:45

I love the way she dresses.

I think it's mostly all saints with some designer stuff thrown in.

Some boards to get you started.

Joan style
watson style
Lucy liu style
elementary fashion

Bodicea Fri 30-Jan-15 18:13:34

Thanks enormouse x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: