Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Comexim Bras

(15 Posts)
rosyrose79 Thu 29-Jan-15 16:32:16

After trying cleo/panache without any success some of the wonderful bra gurus on here recommended comexim bras for my narrow shallow breasts. If you have experience with the brand can you please advise which comexim bras would be good for my shape and how does their sizing compare with cleos?

StatisticallyChallenged Thu 29-Jan-15 16:48:22

Comexim varies a bit size wise - do not order the basic bra as the sizing on that one is particularly bonkers. I went for a 65K when I was a 30H in the Cleo Marcie

Are you sure you are narrow and shallow?

yazzy85 Thu 29-Jan-15 17:47:46

The marcie is my best fit in 30e and I have cleo lily and bella in 30f but while they fit well in the bottom of the cup the top material gapes on both. I also liked the fit of panache jasmine but the straps were too wide apart on that. Any advice?

yazzy85 Thu 29-Jan-15 17:49:17

Sorry same person just had a different username signed on

StatisticallyChallenged Thu 29-Jan-15 18:49:32

I'd go with the equivalent of a 30E to start with then. I don't think you are narrow and shallow, I think you're probably narrow and projected (the Cleos wouldn't work for you if your were shallow.) I think that's a 65F

yazzy85 Thu 29-Jan-15 18:50:47

that makes sense, thanks for your help smile

yazzy85 Thu 29-Jan-15 22:10:04

How do the ewa michalakb bras come up in sizing? 30e in Cleos would be same?

StatisticallyChallenged Thu 29-Jan-15 23:04:37

Ewa is a bit variable - but I do love them! The bands run snug, I wear the same size in most but if you are on the upper end of your band then size up if that makes sense? I'd probably say 1 cup up from marcie size.

The exception is the bras which are see through - the SM and I presume HM - the fabrics aren't nearly as stretchy so the bands are snugger, so I'd suggest going straight for a 32 in those.

yazzy85 Fri 30-Jan-15 08:51:45

Those sheer onrs are the I was looking at, so 30e on marcie I should order 32f or 32e in those?

StatisticallyChallenged Fri 30-Jan-15 09:38:56

Remember if you go up a band size, then you go down a cup size to maintain the same volume. So you'd be looking at a 32DD to stay the same, or an E to go up one. I'd probably go for the E - some of the sheer ones can run a little larger and it depends on breast shape so no promises!

yazzy85 Fri 30-Jan-15 09:53:59

Thanks StatisticallyChallenged. Are they good with returns if something doesn't fit?

StatisticallyChallenged Fri 30-Jan-15 10:14:11

You have to pay for postage, but otherwise fine. One thing to note - when you get your parcel there will be a paper invoice/receipt roughly a5 sized with a small till receipt attached. If you have to do a return, both of those MUST BE INCLUDED in with the stuff. The absolutely will not do a return/refund without that little till receipt.

<dh tried to be "helpful" and took the receipt out of a package I was returning. EM refused to refund me without it (Polish regs I believe). Cue me going nuts as I hadn't seen it, hadn't removed it etc until DH owned up. Could have killed him!>

yazzy85 Fri 30-Jan-15 10:48:46

hahaha thanks for the advice, I will warn my dh in advance incase he wants to be helpful too. Brastop do kris line polish bras too but they don't have many sizes left, should I try a cup and band size up in those too?

StatisticallyChallenged Fri 30-Jan-15 10:55:09

That would be my suggestion although Kris Line are a tad erratic! I have one though and it's a very good bra

yazzy85 Fri 30-Jan-15 11:04:08

StatisticallyChallenged you are sooo helpful thank you again flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: