Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Would you buy a dry clean only dress in polyester? What about silk?

(3 Posts)
ZenNudist Thu 29-Jan-15 16:18:30

IVORY-12&refpage=dresses&view=2&searchpage=1&pagesize=60 Bought this for work I love it. Very disappointed that it's dry clean only. Im not usually a polyester person but seems unavoidable shopping nowadays. I think it should at least be machine washable. Worst of both worlds.

I will probably keep it and risk it on the delicates cycle. Desperate for nice smart but not too severe work clothes. I could see this lasting me through many an evening networking event and making me feel confident... Am I being a mug??

In other muggins news. I'm struggling to justify keeping a Jagear silk dress for evenings out. I'm a mum of 2 young dc. Is there a place in my life for £235 dresses? this ones definitely dry clean only

MrsCurly Thu 29-Jan-15 16:19:51

I wouldn't buy a dress in polyester. And dry clean only in polyester is doubly bad.

ZenNudist Thu 29-Jan-15 16:30:12

MrsCurly that's what I'd usually think. I fell in love and dh bought it me as a gift before I had chance to read the care label.

I'm sick to death of being unable to find decent clothes that despite expensive price tags are made of crap materials. I really want this Hobbs dress but don't want the dry cleaning hassle. I really need a new work wardrobe and all the suits / dresses I've seen are all rubbish materials.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: