Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Tinted moisturiser and foundation

(7 Posts)
citygirl1961 Thu 29-Jan-15 08:31:47

Which do you prefer? I running out of both and only want to replace one. Some people say foundation is ageing but some are very light. I am fifty three so am I better off with tinted moisturiser?

ggirl Thu 29-Jan-15 08:36:03

I am 52 and think less is more flattering now.

I use Mac face and body foundation which is fabulous , wish i had discovered it years ago.
Its natural and light coverage but you can add another layer if you want more coverage. It doesn't settle into lines or slide off my t-zone like most other foundations.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Thu 29-Jan-15 08:36:34

I prefer tinted moisturiser, and find Nivea the best tbh grin

I make up for it in ££s by using Benefit Hello Gorgeous pressed powder (for nights out and work not day to day).

Ohmygrood Thu 29-Jan-15 08:45:49

Laura Mercier is my favourite. I also think it becomes less flattering as you get older though. Might try that Mac product next time.

Nabootique Thu 29-Jan-15 08:47:59

I use BB cream, which is basically a fancy tinted moisturiser in my opinion, but has a bit more coverage, which I need.

coffeenut Thu 29-Jan-15 08:54:09

It depends what you need/want out if it doesnt it? If you need coverage and staying power you are probably better off with a foundation. What do u prefer?

Skinheadmermaid Thu 29-Jan-15 09:06:18

I prefer to use a light foundation and heavy concealer.
I have very bad skin though; lots of scars. If i didn't, i would use tinted mousterizer.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: