Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Warm - check; waterproof - check; bumcovering - check; looks nice - check!

(9 Posts)
StrikesMatches Wed 28-Jan-15 21:39:56

Just in case anyone is still looking for a warm, waterproof, bum covering coat, that isn't hideous, I'm just back from a walk in cold wind, sleet and snow in my Jack Wolfskin Iceguard and I was warm and dry the whole time. Love, love, love my coat!

(and for sizing info, mine is Sm, I'm a size 10, and 5ft2 and it's perfect on the sleeves and sits on my knee)

PacificDogwood Wed 28-Jan-15 21:40:36

You have found the Holy Grail?! shock

<off to check out link>

MaeMobley Wed 28-Jan-15 21:42:49

It's white! does it get dirty?

Oldraver Wed 28-Jan-15 21:43:55

I looked at these but was after the parka. They are really nice coats

MarthaMonkeynuts Wed 28-Jan-15 21:45:21

Says not waterproof and not machine washable. Close but no cigar! smile

StrikesMatches Wed 28-Jan-15 21:45:47

Mae, don't worry, I have two small people, so mine is actually the teal colour grin. Another bonus, it's not black! Pacific do I get my very own Indiana Jones to go with my Grail?? He'd be way more useful than a Blue Peter badge...

PacificDogwood Wed 28-Jan-15 21:46:30

It's lovely!

I have a white/cream Timberland down coat and it does get dirty, but washes really well.

Enjoy!!

StrikesMatches Wed 28-Jan-15 21:47:40

It'd definitely waterproof! The outside got a lot of wet on it, but I stayed dry. And it dried off in no time when I hung it up. Haven't tried washing it yet, so that is to be determined.

SetTheWorldOnFire Wed 28-Jan-15 21:48:47

White and not machine washable! shock And not waterproof! I'm going to keep looking for the dream coat...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: