Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

how to remove dark bruisy like marks from face

(4 Posts)
southeastastra Wed 28-Jan-15 19:42:20

i've had this thing on my face for weeks now, it's like a faded bruise and came up after i had an op. it's just by my cheekbone and looks horrible. any advice?

southeastastra Wed 28-Jan-15 19:44:48

am trying a lancome dream tone freebie and it's doing nowt

Havingkittens Wed 28-Jan-15 21:38:57

Try arnica and/or witch hazel to bring out the bruising and if you can get to a counter where they sell colour correcting concealers get them to show you how to neutralise a bruise.

I can't tell without seeing it what to recommend, but as a guide, if the bruising is purplish or blue, use a yellow or peach toned neutraliser, if it's more on the greenish side, something peachy or pink will help, or if it's more yellow toned then a violet will help. You start with a sheer cover of that and then tap on a concealer or full cover foundation that matches the rest of your skin over the top. It does take a bit of practice though which is why it's good to have someone who knows what they are doing show you how to do it. It can be a bit trial and error. Also, bruising changes over time so colouring can vary. A neutraliser wheel is a good bet in this case. The progression is usually dark red, then purple, blue, then green and finally yellow before it fades. Hope that helps!

RudyMentary Wed 28-Jan-15 21:44:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: