Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

A question about high waisted jeans

(14 Posts)
peaz Tue 27-Jan-15 21:30:57

Do you have to wear crop tops with/have your tops tucked into high waisted jeans? Can I just wear regular tops/jumpers that hang loose?

The reason I ask is because every single pair of jeans I have worn fall down on me, apart from high waisted ones. So these are the only type I can wear, but there is no way I can get away with tucking tops in because I have a (very) post baby-tummy and wide-ish hips so my midsection would look massive.

SlateSilver Tue 27-Jan-15 21:34:19

How would anyone even know they are high waisted if you just wear normal tops over them? High jeans are great for a corset like effect on post baby tum, with a normal top.

Bodicea Wed 28-Jan-15 14:25:24

I just wear them with normal tops over them. Tend to avoid a belt though. They are great as the avoid a bum crack when sitting. And can get away with slightly shorter tops. Although I don't specifically pick shorter tops.
My new amazing find has been he jasper conran high waisted jeans.

Twinklestein Wed 28-Jan-15 14:44:34

I wear both - I've got some cardigans and tops that are quite short, and then I've got longer tops.

Higher waist jeans are much more flattering and banish the muffin top.

WutheringTights Wed 28-Jan-15 15:30:02

Where can you get high waisted jeans? I would love some but can't find any. Can't do skinny jeans either.

Miggsie Wed 28-Jan-15 15:33:35

I tuck in my vest/chemise but wear shaped/fitted blouses or jumpers over the top.

I got my high waisters from ASOS and they are worth every penny.

Confusedmoo Wed 28-Jan-15 16:58:13

I wax lyrical about topshop Kristen high-waisted jeans. I would rescue them in a fire!

Hobby2014 Wed 28-Jan-15 16:59:59

I wear high waisted and don't tuck anything in. They just give a smoother shape, stay up, no bulges anywhere etc
Mine are skinny though so don't know where to advise.

Bodicea Wed 28-Jan-15 17:28:50

Withering tights my new jasper conran ones were from debenhams. I am in love with them. They were £50 but worth every penny as a wear them almost every day. My old jeans are now languishing in a drawer.

Gunpowder Wed 28-Jan-15 17:30:07

I love high waisted jeans. I am trying to find some proper high waisted maternity ones but they all fall down. sad

Gunpowder Wed 28-Jan-15 17:31:17

I like Donna Ida Ivy or Topshop Joni when I'm not pregnant.

FelixFelix Wed 28-Jan-15 17:33:18

I wear them with normal tops. The high waist holds in my massive stomach and muffin top!

fieldfare Wed 28-Jan-15 17:33:27

I've just got three pairs of high waisted jeans from Primark that have a slight stretch to them. They're wonderful and cover my bum when kneeling or crouching down with the kids. I'm quite long in the body and always have to wear a belt and a vest top tucked in to prevent flashing people.
These are a revelation, I just wear them with my normal length tops and jumpers.

WutheringTights Fri 30-Jan-15 09:34:46

Thanks. Had a look at the Jasper Conran ones and they're currently on sale for £36. Levi's do some nice high waisted ones but at £90 a pair they're a bit expensive for crawling round on the floor at toddler groups! I also found some lovely ones in M&S of all places. Their Indigo collection ones sit just below my belly button and were a bargain at £22.50 each. They come in skinny, straight and boot cut, which is great for me as I look hideous in skinny jeans. Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: