Talk

Advanced search

Booked for a pixie cut...

(13 Posts)
BossWitch Tue 27-Jan-15 19:49:30

... and nervous! Currently have long hair. I've had it short before (years ago) so it's not completely unknown territory but it's still pretty scary. I've got some pictures of the style I want and have a consultation booked for the day before the cut so I can talk it through. Am a bit worried that I don't have a regular hairdresser who I trust as I don't get my hair cut regularly (no point with long hair!) so there is an extra element of the unknown going on. Any advice on how to make sure I get the style I want?

BossWitch Tue 27-Jan-15 19:51:32

This is what I am hoping for - the style, not to magically transform into Jennifer Lawrence, though that would be great!

Mrsstevejones Tue 27-Jan-15 20:33:35

Oh cool, i am doing a similar thing on sat - although hair a bit shorter and not going quite as short. I used to have short hair as well so i am going back to my roots so to speak!

I had a consultation at a new (expensive) hairdresser last week and we discussed colour - currently dark blonde and i want highlights but subtle and sun kissed -but needs not to bring the red out in my skin tone.

We discussed the texture of my hair, i took in old photos and pics of the cut i wanted and how it would suit me inc face shape. How much time i had in the mornings to do my hair.

The salon were really lovely and the hairdresser spent 30 mins talking through everything with me, cant wait for sat now!

Hope everything goes well

Happymum1985 Tue 27-Jan-15 21:06:49

Looks amazing! Just say that you want to keep it longer at the crown and with length and softness around the face. Also make sure you don't go too short at the back- you want it to still be soft and feminine. Do you have a denman brush? If not, get one- will be quick and easy for you to blowdry your new hair with this. (I'm a hairdresser by the way!!)

BossWitch Tue 27-Jan-15 21:19:07

Thanks guys! I don't have a denman brush Happymum but will look into it. I've heard from a couple of people to take pictures of what I don't want it to look like - would this be a good idea or would you find this a bit odd as a hairdresser?!

Happymum1985 Tue 27-Jan-15 21:24:04

not odd at all! Thats actually really helpful as a bench mark!! Yes definitely look into denman brushes and ask your hairdresser to show you how to wrap dry your hair. Its quick and easy and will get it looking like the picture at the top once you pop some product in!!!

BossWitch Tue 27-Jan-15 21:27:04

Is it the vented denman brush I'm after Happy ? Right, will find some more pictures and try to remember to ask about the wrap dry! Thanks so much. Feeling less nervous and more excited now!

Back2Two Tue 27-Jan-15 21:30:09

I think that JL cut is lovely if that is any help. Good luck with it!

SharkSwimmer Tue 27-Jan-15 21:34:41

I went for the pixie cut just over a year ago and people still tell me how nice it looks so go for it. When I first had it I had a long chat with my hairdresser who, because I was nervous gave me a slightly longer version of the cut so that if I didn't take to it it wouldn't be a nightmare to grow out. I loved it so the following appointment she cut it into the proper pixie. I would recommend that you get it cut every 5/6 weeks to keep the style. Enjoy the new you.

Happymum1985 Tue 27-Jan-15 21:45:05

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ruehl+no.925&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=667&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=cwTIVKnXDIbwUOCqg2g&ved=0CCcQsAQ#tbm=isch&q=denman+brush&imgdii=_&imgrc=p_mtLXGQGe9jqM%253A%3BdfJFk_wo7m8jJM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.denmanbrushus.com%252Facatalog%252FD5_large.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.denmanbrushus.com%252Facatalog%252FDenman-D4-Large-9-row-styling-brush.html%3B600%3B300

Happymum1985 Tue 27-Jan-15 21:46:36

Hope that works above.. sorry Im not very good with technical matters(!) Goodluck!! xxx

Happymum1985 Tue 27-Jan-15 21:47:24

if link doesnt work, no its not the vented denman brush, the solid one!

BossWitch Tue 27-Jan-15 22:01:07

Thanks Happy!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: