Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Which dress to wear to a ceilidh?

(12 Posts)
tenwrigglywigglycaterpillars Mon 26-Jan-15 16:08:46

I'm going to a ceilidh and I can't decide what to wear.....

The purple is tight fitting but the blue is short. I like both - opinions please...

3nationsfamily Mon 26-Jan-15 16:26:23

Whichever has the most "swing" room in the skirt, as you will be dancing so hopeless to be in a dress which is tight around your legs. Also consider at least bringing some pumps if you are wearing heels as heels and ceilidh dancing do not mix!

Pensionerpeep Mon 26-Jan-15 16:29:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tenwrigglywigglycaterpillars Mon 26-Jan-15 16:32:33

Both are one sided and high, no chance of boob escapes! Sparkly pumps all ready!!

MyNameIsSuz Mon 26-Jan-15 16:54:13

If both are quite tight I'd go with the shorter one as that'll give you more leg free. I can't see the pictures as I'm on the app, but could you do 200 den black tights?

Littlehomebird Mon 26-Jan-15 16:59:36

Lucky you -wish I was going to a ceilidh! January is such a dismal month. Both dresses lovely, go for the one which allows most movement!!

tenwrigglywigglycaterpillars Mon 26-Jan-15 19:55:40

Thanks - first night out in over a year, a woo hooooo!! Yes am erring towards the blue but am now considering a third option that is loose skirt but very flashy up top...hmmmmm

SunshineAndShadows Mon 26-Jan-15 20:34:28

Would go with something longer. You might need to move very quickly, be flung around and even lifted up. Flat shoes and a looser, longer skirt would work better

SunshineAndShadows Mon 26-Jan-15 20:36:33

To give you an idea
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qvg1GwwcyA

burnishedsilver Mon 26-Jan-15 21:37:21

Neither are suitable tbh. You don't want short or tight fitting and you definitely want two straps. Chances are you'll end up barefoot so bear that in mind.

burnishedsilver Mon 26-Jan-15 21:38:23

A skater dress would be good.

Twinklestein Mon 26-Jan-15 21:41:19

I can't see how you'll be able to dance properly in those OP, your third option sounds the best.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: