Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Where can I buy I nice trench-coat please?

(21 Posts)
Thomasthefunengine Mon 26-Jan-15 13:55:37

I checked esprit and don't like what they have. Joules hasn't got any in yet but I liked the pea green maycroft they had last year -- kicking myself for not getting it--, the beige maycroft was less nice. I would be happy to invest a but if I it is good quality.
Any ideas?
flowers

Twinklestein Mon 26-Jan-15 15:01:42

Jaeger has got a nice trench half price in the sale.

trader21c Mon 26-Jan-15 15:03:55

Comptoir des Cotonniers has some in their sale too

HerRoyalNotness Mon 26-Jan-15 15:18:03

banana republic they only have a swing and piped one just now, but they normally have a 'classic' trench every year, if you can wait a little.

Also sign up to emails you'll get loads of discount codes.

Oly4 Mon 26-Jan-15 15:45:45

Banana Republic trenches are lovely, I have them in black and navy and they are a few years old and still going strong. They will get them in soon.

Thomasthefunengine Mon 26-Jan-15 16:13:28

Oh thank you! I rather like the jaeger one but am wondering if it looks to formal? I'll keep an eye on banana republic and will check out comptoir.
Would the jaeger one look nicer in beige or black? I usually wear casual black skinnies, biker ankle boots or knee high black boots...lots of scarves in all colours and mainly grey tops blush not very exciting.

Thomasthefunengine Mon 26-Jan-15 16:13:56

Brilliant I would have never thought to look a at BR.

Thomasthefunengine Mon 26-Jan-15 16:15:35

Would you say the piped BR one is nice or is the 'piping'a bit much? I quite like it..

Oly4 Mon 26-Jan-15 17:14:24

I love the piping but then I love all things BR. The classic black trenches will be in soon though if you want to compare. Can't go wrong with a black trench... Ever

Silverjohnleggedit Mon 26-Jan-15 18:08:06

Hobbs do a nice one with a good strong collar.

Thomasthefunengine Mon 26-Jan-15 19:42:23

Oly4, do they do the classic black trench coats every year then? Can't wait to check the out smile.

Thomasthefunengine Mon 26-Jan-15 19:42:43

I'll look at the jobs one too, thanks.

Thomasthefunengine Mon 26-Jan-15 19:44:12

Sorry I should just put all of my thoughts in one post blush what is BR sizing like, let's say compared to Joules, Fatface, Hobbs etc... ?

Oly4 Mon 26-Jan-15 20:08:45

I'm a 12 and a size medium in BR, very occasionally a small. They've had black trenches for about the last three years. I bought my black one one year and a navy the next. If you can hang on I would. Unless the other stores have great ones too. BR sometimes just do standard sizing as well, 10, 12 etc which is true to size

BallroomWithNoBalls Mon 26-Jan-15 20:23:46

River Island ones are gorgeous.

honeypie10 Mon 26-Jan-15 21:07:07

Mint velvet have some lovely ones too, cant link as i'm on my phone but search for grey or navy trench coat on their site. reduced to £79.

herecomesthsun Mon 26-Jan-15 22:02:55

this sale might be good?

BlueEyedWonder Mon 26-Jan-15 22:57:32

Yes to the Banana Republic one.
M&S also have one and 20% off until midnight tonight.

BallroomWithNoBalls Mon 26-Jan-15 23:01:51

River Island one - I tried it on in navy last year, it's gorgeous.

Silverjohnleggedit Tue 27-Jan-15 06:13:41

Banana Republic have loads of codes kicking around for up to 30% off. Sign up on their website and don't pay full price.

This is the Hobbs coat - they have a few different styles but this one was my favourite. Hobbs have a 20% off code too from time to time, again sign up!

Thomasthefunengine Tue 27-Jan-15 14:59:25

Oh... I'm loving them all. High hopes for the black BR one, will check again a couple of weeks if they have any in yet.
Thank you all!!! So helpful flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: