Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

this season's Boden stipey top

(22 Posts)
Armpitt Mon 26-Jan-15 13:17:31

will not call it a fucking 'breton'

which one - how is fit

etc

TELL ME

Armpitt Mon 26-Jan-15 13:19:11

'stipey' fgs
not stipey like this

STRIPEY like a zebra

Armpitt Mon 26-Jan-15 13:20:38

and a gif fail

frankietwospots Mon 26-Jan-15 17:54:23

No idea but I picked up one in a charity shop at the weekend for £4 that fits like a bloody dream.

<not helpful>

BlueEyedWonder Mon 26-Jan-15 19:28:03

I just bought another one in Topshop

SpaghettiMeatballs Mon 26-Jan-15 20:46:55

Sure it will be fine if you are under 5,4 ish. All their tops are so short now. I can't but tops from Boden anymore owing to my giantess status at ummm.....5,7!

applesandchairs Mon 26-Jan-15 20:59:05

Ha ha armpit, I too hate the term Breton! Don't know why!

brakespeare Mon 26-Jan-15 21:06:37

I got one last year. It shrunk. Before shrinking it was perfect, just really expensive for a tee shirt.

This time I'm waiting for the uniqlo. Ines collection to arrive. I have high hopes, which means it's doomed to failure.

Last time I bought a striped tee (I have a large collection) from h&m, there were 5 women in the queue. We were all buying stripey tops.

GerbilsAteMyCat Mon 26-Jan-15 22:15:41

I went to a child's birthday party on saturday. Half the mothers wore stripey tops. It was a lot of stripey tops.

ChippyMinton Mon 26-Jan-15 23:11:51

Sleeves are a bit tight. Fabric is thinner compared to last year's.

I did wear it to DD's birthday party, in fact, but as I was the only adult there, no-one noticed wink

Bodicea Tue 27-Jan-15 09:13:09

I got a lovely stripey top from oasis in the sale. It had a detachable Peter Pan collar with hearts.

ActionManEyes Tue 27-Jan-15 14:49:47

(Was it a GIF of Michael Stipe from REM?)

WhereIsMyFurryHat Tue 27-Jan-15 16:12:53

Uniqlo have a lovely stripey top in at the moment that's worth a look. I saw it in store last week. It was around £15 I think.

WhereIsMyFurryHat Tue 27-Jan-15 16:16:49

this one

cressetmama Tue 27-Jan-15 17:08:13

brakespeare Get over to Uniqlo now if you want anything from the Ines collection. The stripey tops (and dresses) are selling fast. I missed my size in the one I wanted by not buying this morning!

brakespeare Tue 27-Jan-15 18:15:01

Ordered and on its way, top and dress!

Armpitt Tue 27-Jan-15 20:10:33

Action. It was!!

Knittingbat Tue 27-Jan-15 21:32:07

Ah no, now I have been shopping on Uniqlo. Damnit.

Laquila Tue 27-Jan-15 22:30:37

I can recommend the new season stripey boatneck from Gap. I bought last year's Boden Breton a few months ago and it's bloody rubbish - too thin and has shortened in the wash. The Gap one is a lovely, heavier, slubby fabric with a proper boatneck, and the L is the perfect length on this 5'7" size 14. I'd prefer it a touch smaller all over, but actually it's quite nice that it skims slightly and doesn't cling.

BringMeTea Tue 27-Jan-15 23:28:22

I have 6 stripy tops. All in navy and white (often consider red but reject at the last moment). Got a Boden one last season, way too thin fabric. Agree with others Uniqlo is my favourite, followed by Zara. I have been wearing stripy tops since I was a teen (many, many years). At what point did it become so popular?

I must say Patsy Kensit's donning of one avec beret on CBB has put me off a bit, which is annoying.

Armpitt Wed 28-Jan-15 07:44:45

is the gap one pyjama top material tho?
how is the sizing - am always a bit between there

Laquila Wed 28-Jan-15 21:38:40

It's sort of thickish cotton with a kind of roughish, looped texture on the reverse. I'd say if you're a 10-12 then go for a M, but 11-16 with big boobs then go for the L. The sleeves are weirdly wide though - I do end up pushing the sleeves up all the time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: