Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Is it a cocktail dress?

(5 Posts)
honeybeeplusone Sun 25-Jan-15 18:25:36

Hi, hope you can help. Going to a cocktails and canapés work evening do with DH. It has been a long time since I had been to a similar event and not sure what to wear. I have this dress http://www.desigual.com/en_GB/outlet/woman/dresses/prod-love_love_baby-39V2067
(It doesn't look as short when I'm wearing it)
But not sure if that is appropriate for the occasion or whether I should be looking for something more formal? Thanks smile

lostoncemore Sun 25-Jan-15 20:31:45

I would be tempted to look for something a bit more formal tbh.

invisiblecrown Sun 25-Jan-15 20:33:23

Too short for a formal event imo, but that depends on the culture in the workplace hosting the party.

SacredHeart Sun 25-Jan-15 20:37:36

it's not a cocktail dress,no.

But then again I went to a Formal Black Tie event and most women were in cocktail dresses and one lady was in a body con - so I don't think the rules are as hard and fast as they used to be.

honeybeeplusone Mon 26-Jan-15 20:45:52

Thank you for your comments! I will get something new then smile to fit better with the occasion. And have to admit to googling "body con"!!! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: