Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Tube skirt taking a walk up my leg

(12 Posts)
lostinindia Sun 25-Jan-15 17:36:18

Hello. I bought a couple of tube skirts that surprisingly looked really nice on me. Then I moved. Within seconds the midi had crept up over my knee. Now I don't want knee length, I want a midi.

I've seen people on here rave about these skirts as a wardrobe staple. I'm a size 10 with hips. The skirts are a size 8 & 10. I can't do a huge stride in them when I walk as a) they don't stretch that far and b) they'll end up round my neck.

If I get a bigger size they'll be massive round my waist. Where am I going wrong? Am I just the wrong shape?

Skinheadmermaid Sun 25-Jan-15 17:40:14

I have the exact same problem. I'm just the wrong shape for them. :/

UncrushedParsley Sun 25-Jan-15 17:42:16

Not sure whether an underskirt would help or hinder?

BallroomWithNoBalls Sun 25-Jan-15 17:47:49

I think go up a size. Or don't move grin

I have a Topshop one that does this but only if I'm walking very quickly for a train or something, it's fine once I'm at work.

lostinindia Sun 25-Jan-15 19:07:33

I reckon an underskirt would scrunch up. Just tried both skirts on one on the top of the other. The one underneath stayed in place and the top one took a walk upwards.

Maybe I'll practice shuffling. Wheelies maybe?

Picastyle Sun 25-Jan-15 19:35:22

You need a slip! M and S do them and they won't ruche as they're silky.

lostinindia Sun 25-Jan-15 21:04:56

Thanks Pica - will investigate.

lostinindia Sun 25-Jan-15 21:06:30

Do you mean a light control pencil skirt slip?

Picastyle Sun 25-Jan-15 21:19:03

No, they look really restrictive. Just a waist slip. I have one that comes well above my knee but it works at stopping the ruching. They are really thin.

Saurus72 Sun 25-Jan-15 21:29:01

The tube skirts from Whistles stay put. They tend to be a bit more expensive, but brilliant quality and no hassle to wear.

lostinindia Mon 26-Jan-15 14:09:39

I tried the Whistles skirt on but didn't fancy paying £55. I ended up picking up a couple of tube skirts from Wallis for £15 each in the sale. Good quality and didn't ride up when I stomped around the changing room. I also went up a size so that they weren't being stretched so much.

Thanks for all your help.

Picastyle Mon 26-Jan-15 14:20:40

John Lewis do one in their KIN range in grey and also in black. I wear them almost weekly! Super comfy but maybe a bit too long if you're fashionable.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: