Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What if I don't like my new lotion or potion?

(7 Posts)
Picastyle Sun 25-Jan-15 17:30:52

Do you bin yours or use it up on your knees? I have a cupboard with things in it I bought but I either don't like or perhaps it causes me to breakout.

Do you stick to tried and tested or do you try new things and risk them not being right?

Clinique moisture surge I'm looking at you. I have a rash under my skin thanks to you.

ComeClose Sun 25-Jan-15 18:33:49

I bin cheap stuff or give them to my sister or a friend if they want them. If its expensive, I keep and mull over other uses grin.

I detest the smell of EA 8 hour cream, for example, but have found it works miracles on dehydrated eye area (as a sort of intensive night time emergency thing when I am really tired and haggard looking). I only discovered that on an experiment after having it languishing for a few months in a drawer.

Picastyle Sun 25-Jan-15 18:39:25

It's great on cuticles too!

chanie44 Sun 25-Jan-15 19:14:57

If it's something that will make me look worse. (Eg spots) I wouldn't use it. If it's something i just don't like, I'd use it up.

Paperblank Sun 25-Jan-15 20:36:56

Take your moisture surge back. Depending on when and where you bought it, ie department store less than 30 days ago, they should refund you.

Any issues contact clinique customer services and they will help you.

hth

Picastyle Sun 25-Jan-15 21:20:04

Thanks paper. Will do.

rosiepinkcheeks Mon 26-Jan-15 10:31:33

Just wanted to say thank you to ComeClose for the EA 8 hour cream tip. Like you I don't particularly like the smell but after reading your recommendation I dug out my tube, put some around my eyes last night, left it for a little while, then dabbed the excess with a tissue (so as not to leave big greasy marks on my new pillow) and when to sleep. Woke up this morning and have to say it has worked miracles on my lines and wrinkles.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: