Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Net a porter; are they reliable?

(17 Posts)
boogiewoogie Sun 25-Jan-15 14:13:59

They are having a 70% on some items at the moment so now is the time to buy items that I would otherwise not buy at full price.

Is their delivery service reliable? Do they use Royal Mail or a courier? Just trying to gauge the likeliest scenario if I am out when they deliver.

Also, if your items are no good, what are they like with returns?

Any comment welcome.

Thanks.

AalyaSecura Sun 25-Jan-15 14:16:02

Yes, very reliable. They use DHL for delivery. Returns are free, and you just call up DHL to arrange for them to collect.

MarshaBrady Sun 25-Jan-15 14:16:50

Yes, they use courier and they are great with returns. Fast processing and keep in you informed.

boogiewoogie Sun 25-Jan-15 14:21:09

Thanks for quick responses.

NoArmaniNoPunani Sun 25-Jan-15 14:22:48

They are a very reputable company, I've never had a problem with them or the outnet

dotsanddashes Sun 25-Jan-15 15:26:23

They are completely reputable and have great customer service and fast processing of refunds.

To be clear re what will happen if you are out though; DHL will require a signature on delivery meaning you cannot request for it to be delivered to a neighbour or left in a safe place. That is NAPs policy not DHLs and they will not change it. They try 3 times. So make sure there will be someone in to take delivery.

You will get email notification of despatch and you can track via DHLs website so you will know which day it is due but not the time.

boogiewoogie Sun 25-Jan-15 16:11:01

Thanks dots re DHL. Will they not leave it with the nearest depot for collection?

boogiewoogie Sun 25-Jan-15 16:12:31

Oh, and are they quick from ordering to receiving your parcel?

dotsanddashes Sun 25-Jan-15 16:16:58

Yes you can do a depot collection, my nearest is actually miles away, so I don't find that option useful that could work for you.

For standard delivery it's usually 3 or 4 days although I think they say up to five. As I said the tracking is accurate if you follow it on the DHL site. You could pay more for next day or nominated day delivery.

boogiewoogie Sun 25-Jan-15 16:22:43

Okay, thanks for that.

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 25-Jan-15 16:34:56

They are very very good. Harvey Nichols service also amazing - they gave me a full refund on a dress 4 months after I bought it online just because I changed my mind.

BallroomWithNoBalls Sun 25-Jan-15 17:43:50

Thanks for pointing out the clearance was on - I am trying to be good and so had unsubscribed from their emails.

Just ordered this dress - I think I will probably get it taken up a few inches, but I love the colour and style.

I second everything said above - there aren't many companies who are so unfailingly fantastic customer service wise.

PrimroseEverdeen Sun 25-Jan-15 17:46:45

Gorgeous dress!

FibonacciSeries Sun 25-Jan-15 19:35:45

Ha! I bought that same dress last week. The colour is even more gorgeous IRL, but I find the cut a bit meh and there's a collar to almost waist slit that means you have to wear a camisole or tank top underneath. Still, for the £22 I paid, not too bad (it's at £11 now, wah!).

trader21c Sun 25-Jan-15 20:29:04

excellent service have ordered several J Crew Tippi sweaters thru them - one had to go back and they sent me a replacement immediately no quibble

SelfLoathing Sun 25-Jan-15 20:32:42

Net a porter are 100% reliable. They are awesome.

I have bought from them a huge amount.

They are normally super-speedy - next day delivery - especially in Central London. Can be a day slower outside of London.

But if you are buying from the sale, the delivery process can be a tad slower as it's sale time.

Returns are very easy - they will collect from you.

Love love love Net a porter.

Be warned though - save your credit card info with them at your peril - then you can just shop and click!!! And it's such fun. Before you know it you've spent ££££!

mirpuppet Sun 25-Jan-15 22:25:08

Thanks. I just ordered the dress mentioned above and a couple of bits and bobs.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: