Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Effaclar is amazing for facial spots and lumps. Is there an equivalent product for the body?

(20 Posts)
InJillianWeTrust Sun 25-Jan-15 09:48:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lulu12345 Sun 25-Jan-15 10:13:04

My amazing recent discovery for exactly this is Boots own brand Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Back Spray. I was highly sceptical of likely effectiveness as had tried a lot of other more expensive option to no effect but couldn't believe how quickly it worked. Spots gone on chest within two days. I then also started spraying it onto pads to use on my face and it has cleared them up too. I've been battling with an outbreak since I got pregnant 4 months ago so keep wondering whether it's a coincidence and spot-inducing hormones have changed as I can't believe how quickly this thing worked!

InJillianWeTrust Sun 25-Jan-15 11:54:44

InJillianWeTrust Sun 25-Jan-15 12:04:34

MrsTShelby Sun 25-Jan-15 14:18:39

I have used the spray mentioned and unfortunately it didn't work for me, but obviously does for others.

Then I started moisturising my back and within one week after 15 years of spots on body, I have clear skin!

I have also been using the Alpha H liquid gold once a week on the areas you have issues with.

InJillianWeTrust Sun 25-Jan-15 22:47:37

Fabulassie Mon 26-Jan-15 09:15:56

I got spots on my bum. I now wash with exfoliating gloves and Hibiscrub. Then I put Effeclare Duo on my bum, just like I would on my face. It's all very much improved.

MrsTShelby Mon 26-Jan-15 09:37:48

I just used Aveeno when I was doing the rest of me - normally never do chest or back due to the spots. I just use the lotion for normal skin - daily moisturising in the smaller squeezed tube not the pump.

I then stumbled across a comment on the Caroline Hirons blog where someone had complained about spots on body and she had replied "what moisturiser are using? You are moisturising aren't you?" It occured to me that I have never moisturised as I worry it will make spots even worse. I thought I would try it as have always had body spots and at mid 30s am sick of it. Seriously I am amazed at the transformation.

As I said though have also been using the Alpha H liquid gold so this may have contributed.

InJillianWeTrust Mon 26-Jan-15 12:32:55

InJillianWeTrust Mon 26-Jan-15 12:33:29

MrsTShelby Mon 26-Jan-15 12:51:00

Mine were exactly like that. I had never thought about treating body the same as face. Even with my face I was reluctant to moisturise as I thought that it would encourage them.

Try the effaclar on your body; it can't hurt.

InJillianWeTrust Mon 26-Jan-15 13:34:24

TrickyTreeLou Mon 26-Jan-15 13:37:07

I put the Effaclar Duo on my chest - probably 3-4 times a week, and it does help keep the lumps and bumps at bay. No itchiness or redness which I've had when I've put other spot creams on there.

ClaireFraser Mon 26-Jan-15 13:42:20

Salcura Antiac spray here is brilliant stuff at clearing up horrible deep spots. I Used to suffer with awful ones on my back too and this has cleared them up and helped to prevent new ones.
One thing I also started doing is making sure that after I gave my back a gentle scrub with a flannel/muslin etc after I'd washed the shampoo and conditioner off my hair, as otherwise it seemed to leave a slight slippery residue on my skin. This has also helped clear them up.

ClaireFraser Mon 26-Jan-15 13:43:51

Btw, you can often buy the salcura spray cheaper on eBay than from their website. But they do offer a free 'no strings' mini sample spray on their website which is worth trying first.

Nextwednesday Mon 26-Jan-15 13:44:54

Someone on here recommended calamine lotion as a face mask and it actually works! I have had bumpy under the skin spots on my temples for years and this is the only thing that touches them. Might be worth a try?

Woahbodyforrrrm Mon 26-Jan-15 13:48:30

This is probably a daft question but how do you reach your back to moisturise? I think I'm seriously inflexible as I can't get past my shoulders when applying fake tan!

ClaireFraser Mon 26-Jan-15 18:02:42

Yes can also vouch for calamine lotion being good, but make sure you get the liquid in the bottle, not the stuff in the tube as that is a bit greasy.

InJillianWeTrust Tue 27-Jan-15 10:41:25

InJillianWeTrust Fri 30-Jan-15 09:31:08

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: