Advanced search

If I like Freya Patsy .......

(8 Posts)
Lambzig Sat 24-Jan-15 20:09:54

What else will work for me please?

Since getting 'bra intervened' by the lovely ladies on here about 18 months ago, I bought some Freya Patsy balcony bras. They really seem to work well for me and I have bought that style since. Whenever I try anything else on it doesn't seem to fit so well, either pinchy under the arms or wire too high in the middle and the moulded sort seem to gape horribly. Even other Freya styles.

Does anyone know which bras fit similarly or are a similar shape? I would love some plain black ones and a nude for summer.

I take a 30ff in Freya if that helps.

Any help much appreciated.

margaritasbythesea Sat 24-Jan-15 21:17:12

I was recommended that bra and I didn't try it but I was also recommended these:

Bravissimo branded half cups like mademoiselle
Curvy kate - ritzy, carmen, tease me etc
freya deco half cup
cleo maddie
some masquerade styles - have a look the the mycurvesandme website as they have a few, but rhea springs to mind

I loved the Masquerade Rhea.
I also really like Cleo Juna which was also discussed on that thread.

Freya have a couple of cuts in their balconies - I have the patsy balcony too and it's not the same as a lot of their other bras. I think part of the trick is to look for ones where they use the same style from a C or D cup, up to an H. A lot of Freya bras have one cut from d-g, then another from GG plus and those aren't the same

I think these might be the same

jungle fever

Bratabase also suggests some others linky

Margarita, I recognise that list grin - the patsy comes in two cuts, the padded half cup which was the one for you, and the balcony which is unpadded.

MadameJulienBaptiste Sat 24-Jan-15 21:35:49

the Freya Patsy is one of my faves too.

Since being intervened summer 2012 I have tried a billion bras, and the only ones that suit my shape and boobs, are Freya ones.

I buy them (new) from ebay sellers, but so far have had no probs needing to return any, as I inspect the photos carefully for ones that are the same sort of cut/style, and only order if they're similar to ones I already have.

The patsy that arrived the other day (£14 inc p&P) is the unpadded version and is great.

Whenever I go with different manufacturers I have to return them as just not right.

margaritasbythesea Sat 24-Jan-15 21:40:49

It WAS a good list. I really just wanted to bump the poster, but thought it might be useful. smile

I think most people tend to have one or two manufacturers which work best for them. For me it's Cleo and Ewa Michalak, with the odd normal Panache and a few Bravissimo own brands. I have Freya, Fantasie, Curvy Kate and a few others but I never wear them really!

Lambzig Sun 25-Jan-15 09:39:35

Thank you, that's very helpful everyone. It looks like I am stuck with freya and have to hope that they bring one out in black or nude that works for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now