Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Ugg Grandle - if you've bought these boots, are you happy with them?

(14 Posts)
polyhymnia Sat 24-Jan-15 12:30:51

Just that, really. Thinking of buying these:
www.cloggs.co.uk/invt/556805?gclid=CNm3j8LQrMMCFQiWtAod4R0AjA

in black. Have seen some good feedback on them on here but is anyone who's bought them not happy, or do they have any downside to point out?

At moment, only other contenders are these:
www.russellandbromley.co.uk/ankle-boots/wildthing/invt/372086
which I realise are not exactly the same sort of style.

I want something really comfortable for walking as have a bit of a back problem - ideally something that works in town (London) as well as my leafy suburb but maybe the Ugg is a bit too rugged to be a town boot for all purposes. Views?

fairgame Sat 24-Jan-15 12:35:25

I bought them and wore them around the house. I found they were quite heavy and ended up returning them. My feet are quite large compared to my frame (size 7 feet, 5ft4 8 stone) so i felt a bit clumsy in them. I exchanged for the Blowfish Opah which are really light but not as warm as an Ugg.

readyforno2 Sat 24-Jan-15 12:35:50

I have them in brown. They're really comfy I love them. I was told they only do them in half sizes and had to go a size up.
Fwiw I'm not that keen on the Russell and Bromley ones

RosinaCopper Sat 24-Jan-15 12:40:39

Not quite the same but I have just bought these in brown and I'm very happy with them.

Great customer service from Branch 309 too

QOD Sat 24-Jan-15 12:42:12

I have theme not er dark brown brown.boughoff store 309 ex display for £60 odd ... Comfy and warm and sturdy and smart

I am a short sturdy size 12/14

QOD Sat 24-Jan-15 12:43:40

I am also not drunk ... Wtf happened to my post grin

"I have them in" "bought off" (sounds like bad English now I retype it)

Greenrabbit Sat 24-Jan-15 12:44:24

I have the brown ones too. I love them. They are really warm and comfy. They do feel quite clumpy at first, but I got used to that.
No idea if they'd work in London, but I find they look fine with dresses as well as jeans.

polyhymnia Sat 24-Jan-15 13:05:29

Thanks for comments so far. I don't think they would be out of proportion on me as I'm Size 41 but tall and large with it.

CuttedUpPear Sat 24-Jan-15 16:10:15

If you have back problems, have you thought of trying Rieker boots? They are all I use now I have a slipped disc.

Rieker Fluffy is quite like your R&B boots, but with a very soft and supportive sole.

Hoppinggreen Sat 24-Jan-15 16:35:46

I've got them and they do feel a bit clumpy.
They are not really uncomfortable but I've got much more comfy boots.

polyhymnia Sat 24-Jan-15 17:39:52

Thanks for Rieker idea. I'll take a look.

PrimalLass Sat 24-Jan-15 17:47:18

I ordered them and sent them back. I have Kensingtons and prefer them, but they are a struggle to get on and off. I bought a pair of brown leather classics after seeing a bargain link on here and really like them. I want Uggs so I don't have to wear socks - I didn't feel that was possible with the Grandles.

MaryMarigold Sat 24-Jan-15 18:52:30

I have them in Java. I bought them from Cloggs as well - great service! I really like them, and they are getting more and more comfy as I break them in. I don't wear socks with them. They do come up very small. I am often a 4 in boots and I have these in a 5.5 and they are still a bit snug although starting to loosen up.

eurochick Sat 24-Jan-15 18:55:05

I tried them on but found them too tight and hard to get on.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: