Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Recs pls hold-it-all-in swimming cossie

(11 Posts)
MsMommy Fri 23-Jan-15 13:06:12

Hiya,
Any recommendations for a nice holds-it-all-in big boobs and belly swimming cossie please?
Ta.

onthematleavecountdown Fri 23-Jan-15 18:22:28

M&S. A nightmare to get on but look fantastic!

MsMommy Fri 23-Jan-15 19:40:23

Ha! Brilliant. Thanks. I'll have a look.
Any other swimmers out there?
I was looking at Zoggs ones today that looked quite nice.
I've had a Speedo one before and that was quite nice but wasn't brilliant at holding the boobs.

Bluecarrot Fri 23-Jan-15 20:01:12

Following! Tried on loads today but none seem to fit over a dd cup. I'm rather a lot over that. And I don't want to go underwired as on a weightless plan.

Which m&s one *onthemat*?

MsMommy Fri 23-Jan-15 22:21:35

I'm not keen on underwired anything, but definitely not on a cossie. Often I think they make the cups weird and turn you into a 1950s pointy boob bathing belle.

MsMommy Fri 23-Jan-15 22:28:27

So M&S have a 'tummy control' range which includes some 'secret slimming' costumes. Actually I really like some of them. Loving the chevron one. www.marksandspencer.com/l/women/swimwear-and-beachwear/tummy-control/?checkbox-accordion=on&facetOpen=true&checkbox-accordion=on&checkbox-accordion=on&checkbox-accordion=on&checkbox-accordion=on&checkbox-accordion=on&slider_Min_0=5&slider_Max_1=40&slider_Current_Min_0=5&slider_Current_Max_1=40&checkbox-accordion=on&facets-1090-1=on&lastSelectedSize=&sortBy=product.rating|1&display=product&pageChoice=1&selectedAccordions=checkbox-1|checkbox-2|checkbox-3|checkbox-4|checkbox-5|checkbox-6|checkbox-10&cachedFilters=%20generic-1090+product+undefined+5+40+5+40

MsMommy Fri 23-Jan-15 22:28:49

Yikes, link madness.

CurlsLDN Sat 24-Jan-15 08:28:15

I just got this one delivered from asda, and it's actually really good! Flattering pattern, sucky tummy bit, and it has an elastic bit underbust to hold them up and soft molded cups to keep them in (I'm a 36gg. Who needs waterwings?)
It's also super cheap and I thought suitable for taking my baby swimming and suchlike

ireallydontlikemonday Sat 24-Jan-15 08:39:50

For actual fitness swimming speedo have some great ones but I wouldn't want to wear one at the beach.

I got a great holdy in one from Debenhams last year for holiday - it was expensive but the panel is like steel - really holds you in! It was pricey, about £50 I think.

nequidnimis Sat 24-Jan-15 10:07:52

I second the tummy control ones from M&S.

I ordered loads online, and traipsed around lots of proper shops too, but they were the best.

I ended up with a plain black halter neck - very flattering and received actual compliments when wearing it (rare for me at that time).

MsMommy Sun 25-Jan-15 12:46:11

Ooh loving the tips ladies, thanks so much. I had a quick look in my local M&S yesterday but they didn't have much choice so I may try a larger one. Will check out Debenhams too.
smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: