Advanced search

Argan oil. Has anyone tried it for their face? if so does it reduce the appearance of fine lines?

(23 Posts)
yazz21 Thu 22-Jan-15 22:01:32

Was thinking of buying some after seeing some good reviews online.

Millli Thu 22-Jan-15 23:17:30

Rosehip oil seems to be on here a lot for blurring fine lines.

emmelinelucas Thu 22-Jan-15 23:33:45

Rosehip oil has done wonders for me.
I have some deeper lines between my eyes and they are definitely smoother. My pores look more refined.
And it smells lush !

LadyB49 Thu 22-Jan-15 23:44:26

I use argon oil for everything. Hands face, under makeup, body, hair.

Laptopwieldingharpy Fri 23-Jan-15 03:11:42

Argan oil is one of the best anti oxidants nourishing oils.
But don't expect any overnight miracle. Rosehip works just as well for me too.
I mailnly use the oils for a deep cleanse oil method about once or twice a week. Oil face, let it absorb then hot cloth and rub. maybe add another drop to saturate dryer areas.

For lines you need something more targeted like hyaluronic acid ( plump and moisturize) or glycolic acid (resurface and moisturize).
A great selection at Eucerin ( hyaluron or dermo densifier range) or this all natural range reviva labs
All you need is one good product on your face after a good wash. I swap then around every 2-3 months.

dustdragon Fri 23-Jan-15 14:34:47

I use argan oil on my face, hair, hands and body too. Skin is much softer, pores minimised and deeper frown lines have reduced dramatically. Don't find as good a result on smaller wrinkles. I use a few drops morning and night on my skin, and apart from shampoo and conditioner dont use any other hair products at all now.

There are a lot of argan oils about now, make sure you get a pure, cold pressed organic one. Billy in the Tree have lovely pure oils, including a range of scented oils with essential oils which are really nice for body and hair, and their delivery is very quick. You can order from their website or amazon.

I have had just as good results with rosehip oil, but prefer argan oil as I only need one product which I can use on my hair as well.

Thanks for the links laptop, I am going to try them.

yazz21 Fri 23-Jan-15 14:50:38

Cheers for the replies. Will have a look at the rosehip oil aswell.

Ooo I'd never heard of a deep oil cleanse, that sounds lovely.

Thanks for the advice Laptopwieldingharpy you sound very knowledgeable smile

lcooper Wed 28-Jan-15 12:01:12

Rosehip is just great! swear by it and agree on the deep oil cleanse. I follow it these instructions and it works a treat!

I do it one or twice and week and did it for my husband too, he couldn't believe the results!

velourvoyageur Wed 28-Jan-15 12:07:49

I tried argan oil on my face recently and woke up in the mornings with nicer skin but really dry patches under my eyes. They've only just gone away with Avène heavy duty cold cream...but I've heard Argan oil is a "dry" oil?

deborahc123 Wed 28-Jan-15 12:31:36

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

smoothieooo Wed 28-Jan-15 15:18:05

I know what you mean about the dry patches under the eyes velour - although my skin (after around 10 days of morning and evening argan oil application) is a little smoother. I think maybe I'll have to look for a half-decent eye cream. I tried a Clinique one recently which had the same effect - dry, with a dragging feeling.

Twinklestein Wed 28-Jan-15 16:36:45

Any oil is good - argan, rosehip, avocado, almond...

stillwearingaredribbon Wed 28-Jan-15 16:39:14

where do you all buy the oils?

TooOldForGlitter Wed 28-Jan-15 16:42:59

I was just about to ask that stillwearingaredribbon smile

How do you know which is a good one or a bad they all have to be mixed with something before applying or do you use them 'neat'?

RubySept Wed 28-Jan-15 16:43:04

I cant do without my Amargan spray it contains Argan oil & Vitamin E. I use all over my body including my face instead of a body and face moisturiser. Although its an oil it is the only oil that penetrates all 7 layers of the skin, therefore it isnt greasy. You can get it directly from them and costs £16.95 for 100ml free post and packing and it comes really quickly. I love it!

AlleyCat11 Wed 28-Jan-15 16:43:36

I got some really great oils in TK Maxx. Their cosmetics section is brill. Mostly American & Australian. Face stuff & shampoos. All organic. I particularly like the Aussie brand Eco. Jeffrey James & Barefoot are good too. Organic Rosehip oil is the nicest thing I've ever put on my face.

Twinklestein Wed 28-Jan-15 17:10:10

I get mine from my local health food shop and online. You can get cold pressed Argan oil on Amazon for a tenner (never tried the Amazon selection though so can't vouch for them).

Whereisegg Wed 28-Jan-15 17:37:03

Will it cause breakouts if you're prone to regular spots?

RubySept Thu 29-Jan-15 09:23:21

whereisegg - no it wont as Amargan penetrates the skin doesnt lay on top and as it contain vitamin E its also good of skin

smoothieooo Thu 29-Jan-15 11:12:29

I got my organic argan oil from Holland & Barratt.

Whereisegg I am prone to regular spots but have not had any kind of breakout. The oil I'm using is not necessary greasy.. if you know what I mean!

Whereisegg Thu 29-Jan-15 11:49:06

Thanks smile I guess the thought of putting oil on spot-prone skin is just wrong.
I'll have a look round I think.

lcooper Thu 29-Jan-15 12:29:30

the best place for oils, unrefined and cold pressed is Fushi wellbeing. I love oils and buy mine from them.

avagosling Thu 29-Jan-15 14:19:16

I second Fushi, probably the best selection out there and you're guaranteed to get the highest quality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now