Talk

Advanced search

Teeth whitening question..

(15 Posts)
Hobby2014 Thu 22-Jan-15 13:14:21

My top front two teeth are a shade whiter than the rest of my teeth I have no idea why, I brush all of my teeth!

If I paid to have my teeth whitened, could they balance it out, so they all become the same shade of white, or will the front two still be whiter than the rest?
ie take it off the front teeth sooner or use more on the rest of my teeth I've no idea how they whiten teeth. Never had it done before

If so, anything particular I need to know before I go, best kind of place to go, anything?

Thanks!

Nells77 Thu 22-Jan-15 13:25:30

I've just been to the dentist and enquired about teeth whitening! She said they build a mould for your teeth abit like a gum shield but much thinner. You then pour the bleach into the mould and put it of for 2 hours a day until you have the desired whiteness. I'm not sure if each tooth has a little section or the whole mould would fill with bleach! I'm not sure if that actually helps you smile

Hobby2014 Thu 22-Jan-15 14:30:04

No that did help, thank you.
At least I know how it's done now!
I'm wondering if I can try and just put bleach on other teeth first then put some on front teeth after, if it's a thick substance IYSWIM?

pinkfrocks Thu 22-Jan-15 15:36:19

I've used the trays.
The bleach is in a syringe and is very thick- like a thick gel. You put a TINY bit in each 'tooth' of the tray ( the trays look like false teeth but without the teeth IYSWIM) - just the amount of a pin head really per tooth. So you can easily miss out any teeth you don't want whitened.

LadyB49 Thu 22-Jan-15 17:03:30

Is it possible to get whitening done if mouth is a mix of teeth, crowns, and denture ??

pinkfrocks Thu 22-Jan-15 17:21:47

Crown and dentures will not whiten with bleach- only tooth enamel.

Hobby2014 Thu 22-Jan-15 18:34:42

Pink where did you get all the stuff you need from? Was it the dentist?

Folklaw80 Thu 22-Jan-15 21:24:20

Yes I had one front tooth darker than the other and whitened them both to the same shade. I just didn't put bleach in the section of the trays for the teeth I didn't want bleached.
My dentist reckons some teeth (ie front ones) are naturally whiter

pinkfrocks Fri 23-Jan-15 08:09:49

Hobby- I had a consultation with my dentist- they took impressions for the moulds to make the trays, then went back for a fitting and advice, and the peroxide gel. I then went back after a month for a check up. I bought more gel off the web as it was cheaper.
I paid around £400 which was a bit of a rip off because some time later my dentist reduced it to £200 as an offer!

I'd never do this by buying stuff over the web because you need to have your teeth and gums checked over and given the right concentration of bleach.

Notonaschoolnight Fri 23-Jan-15 14:21:01

Just reaffirming what's been said 3 weeks ago I had moulds done at the dentist and paid £250 the following week I got the gum shields 2 syringes of 6% bleach and 2 syringes of 3.6% bleach I used the 6% syringe mon to fri as said a tiny amount for the front of each tooth and can miss any you want and I was adv to sleep in it which I've done. I'm doing mon to fri again this week and next then I'll stop as by rights it should only take 2 weeks and I'll have done 15 days

My thoughts so far is yes it's made a difference esp to my side teeth that weren't as white as my fronts but I'm not seeing great results

I did it as I'm sick of being restricted in the lipstick colours I buy as so many make my yellow teeth look worse, I was hoping at the end of this for totally white teeth but at the rate I'm going having done 9/15 night, that's not going to happen

pinkfrocks Fri 23-Jan-15 14:28:21

I was given 20% bleach- forget the name but something like Nitewhite - because my teeth were very yellow- not stained just naturally darker.

I didn't ever wear at night because it felt weird and I did experience some tooth sensitivity after wearing for 2 hours during the day- used to do 2 hours each day for 14 days then now and then to keep it up.

NotBeingRudeBut Fri 23-Jan-15 14:37:06

Can anyone recommend a safe online seller of the whitening gel - bit scared I end up ruining my teeth forever?

pinkfrocks Fri 23-Jan-15 14:42:19

I just went by the brand name of the one my dentist supplied- did a google search and looked for good reviews etc. The packaging was identical so I hoped it was genuine- seems to have been.

Folklaw80 Sat 24-Jan-15 12:58:16

Notonaschoolnight My dentist said if you want totally white teeth like celebrities have then you need to have veneers not just teeth whitening.

I would say I am pleased with the results of my whitening, but not amazed. My teeth are now all whiter, and they are now all the same shade ( I used to have one darker tooth) but they are not bright white.

Notonaschoolnight Sat 24-Jan-15 14:38:23

I can see where you dentist is coming from folklaw

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: