Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Interview and nothing to wear!

(12 Posts)
MelonOfTroy Thu 22-Jan-15 09:33:39

I have no time to shop but an interview for a hospital clinical job tomorrow.

I have a boden dress, a short sleeved roll collar one but it's navy with bright coloured flower splotches, is there any way in the world I can wear these boots that I already have with it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WOMENS-BROWN-LEATHER-SUEDE-ZIP-UP-TIMBERLAND-CHAUNCEY-HEEL-KNEE-HIGH-BOOTS-SIZE-/131338578026?pt=UK_Women_s_Shoes&hash=item1e9463a86a

I am stuck for smart clothes as I usually wear a uniform and I only applied for the job on Tuesday so I was rather surprised to get a phone call yesterday.

MelonOfTroy Thu 22-Jan-15 09:35:17

http://www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Smart-Day-Dresses/WH699/Womens-Roll-Collar-Dress.html

It's this dress, I can't do the links somehow on my ipad

PrimalLass Thu 22-Jan-15 12:34:27

The boots don't really go. Could you pop into a big Tesco or Asda for a pair of heels?

AlphaBravoHenryFoxtons Thu 22-Jan-15 12:57:26

Please go and buy some smart clothes after work or during your lunch hour.

What shops do you have close by?

You could make that dress look lovely for an interview with a navy jacket and a pair of navy block heels (or navy ballet flats if you're not a heels kind of person).

Hoppinggreen Thu 22-Jan-15 13:09:25

Agree you need some shoes and a jacket or at least a cardi.
Big supermarkets are open very late and out have a decent work wear selection, especially Sainsburys if you have one nearby

MelonOfTroy Thu 22-Jan-15 20:14:43

I tried asda, next, and tesco and nowhere has navy heels - I thought they'd be a staple!

Bloody hell - what about a wrap dress and boots? Shit!

I have a red jacket, black heels, a white blouse but nothing for the bottom half. I can get to New Look on the way to the interview, maybe some charcoal trousers to be had?

AlphaBravoHenryFoxtons Thu 22-Jan-15 21:03:35

Do you have any friends who are a similar size to you feet wise and clothes wise?

Where do you live?

AlphaBravoHenryFoxtons Thu 22-Jan-15 21:05:06

What other clothes do you have?

AlphaBravoHenryFoxtons Thu 22-Jan-15 21:09:09

I wouldn't wear those boots to an interview personally. But don't panic. You've still got this evening. grin

What size are you/what size feet and where roughly do you live? Some kind mumsnetter might come up with a solution.

What do you normally wear on your feet?

Teeb Thu 22-Jan-15 21:35:21

I'd say no to boots really, they don't convey smart so well.

Black shoes, black pencil skirt/trousers and nice smart shirt or blouse with jacket (in a sensible colour)

I think unless you really know what you're doing style wise, go safe when it comes to interview clothes.

MelonOfTroy Thu 22-Jan-15 21:53:57

Damn my scrubs - they lull me into a false sense of security.

Dd has scarlet fever so this eve has mostly been managing that. Tomorrow I'll have to hit Sainsburys early and try and find some bloody shoes.

AlphaBravoHenryFoxtons Thu 22-Jan-15 21:58:38

MelonOfTroy Good luck with getting something sorted out. Perhaps if you went in clean scrubs they wouldn't bat an eyelid?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: