Advanced search

Interview tomorrow - eek!

(5 Posts)
kpdiscodancer Wed 21-Jan-15 21:08:18

Hi everyone
Am in a huge dilemma about what to wear to an interview tomorrow.
Admin role for large financial, multinational company. I am very capable of doing the job but haven't worked in the industry/ department before and am returning to work after having children so need to really impress them...
Options are:
- Light grey Warehouse suit which is snug so looks silly with the button done up on the jacket. Skirt is quite full and not what I would buy now - the suit must be a round 6/7 years old but was the one I was wearing when I got my last job so it may be a good omen!
Matalan black suit (with little white stripes) with straight skirt. Comes around an inch above the knee so will have to wear thick black tights or will look too short for an interview (but would be fine day to day.) Can do the jacket up.
Plain white shirt with a collar for both.
Husband says go for the Matalan suit with the dark tights as the closed jacket looks smarter.
I am worrying about the dark tights as I have been sent a "grooming policy" by the recruitment consultant (which generally deals with law firms) but states that this is a "no no"
What do you all think?

tethersend Wed 21-Jan-15 21:40:53

I'd go for the matalan suit- are you sure it's too short to wear with nude tights?

Do you have a plain black dress you could wear underneath it, or is a suit essential for an interview in your field? <clueless>

BestIsWest Wed 21-Jan-15 21:50:41

I would and have worn opaque tights to an interview.

kpdiscodancer Wed 04-Feb-15 13:25:11

Sorry for the delayed response - Thanks to you all.
Btw I went for the matalan suit in the end with opaque tights and got the job!

BestIsWest Wed 04-Feb-15 20:01:18

Well done. Congratulations on the new job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now