Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Best medium cover foundation for my red nose please

(7 Posts)
Jboure Wed 21-Jan-15 17:48:07

As the title says really. I am 45 and have pale skin with peachy undertones. It is sensitive, dry to normal. I am peri menopausal and recently noticed my nose and cheek bones are reddish at certain times of day. My normal bb creams/ foundations are not covering it. I am using up my concealer too fast so have decided i need more coverage.i.e. Move from light to medium coverage during the day.

I enquired about getting that green corrector cream for under my foundation but the nice shop lady said i wasn't red enough to warrant the expense. That was a nice compliment but then i look in the mirror and groan. Any ideas gratefully received, thanks

honeypie10 Wed 21-Jan-15 18:54:36

I personally think the green corrector creams aren't that great anyway so she probably did you a massive favour by not wasting your money.

1 option is to go with your foundation and a corrector powder, I suffer from severe blushing, if I do my makeup guaranteed straight away my cheeks are glowing red beacons. Sometimes I use True match foundation/ concealer where needed and loreal bb 5 in 1 powder which i've just discovered and love. just smoothes all my sin out making it look even and flawless, Or you can get a yellow powder from benefit think its called bluff dust (but could have just made that up!)

The other thing I use when i'm going out of an evening is the anti redness foundation from clinique, you could try just using this on the area needed as I do find it slightly heavier but I do think it works. My blushing gets worse if I drink so this is perfect for covering up mostly, then I use concealer again and the loreal 5 in 1 bb powder.

Heres the powder and the clinique one is this one. Clinique also do a redness solutions moisturiser which I also use in the mornings too, I have noticed a difference in my skin though since using it, doesn't look as blotchy. smile

FriskyMare Wed 21-Jan-15 18:59:08

I am a blusher too, would second what honey pie said about the green correction makeup, it just gives me a weird ghostly parlour. I too use the Clinique anti redness foundation just on my cheeks then a bare minerals powder. I often feel quite flushed but when I look in the mirror expecting to see a sweaty red face nice, I still look reasonable!

Jboure Wed 21-Jan-15 19:51:11

Thank you both so much for taking the time to reply. I am going to check out the clinique product and the powder. At least now i feel i have a starting point as i was getting very overwhelmed when googling. Thanks again.

FriskyMare Wed 21-Jan-15 20:12:31

Have a look at bare minerals on qvc, if it doesn't suit you you can always send it back!

grisclair Wed 21-Jan-15 20:34:56

I'm also fair and find that going for a slightly more yellowy or neutral rather than peachy foundation shade works best for covering redness (Lisa Eldridge agrees wink). I'm around a MAC NC 10 and Armani Lasting Silk in 2 is my perfect foundation for neutralizing redness.

AWholeLottaNosy Wed 21-Jan-15 23:59:26

Clinique also do a yellow anti redness primer that calms it a bit. I also use Vichy Dermablend on my red bits which is good too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: