Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Any tips for things to do/avoid pre tear through filler treatment?

(12 Posts)
ScandiS Wed 21-Jan-15 15:42:07

Well, pretty much what it says above... I am going to have fillers for tear through /eye bags in a few weeks. Does anyone have any tips for pre treatment behaviour/things to take/not take (vitamines!!)

pinkfrocks Wed 21-Jan-15 16:17:26

Avoid anything that might thin your blood and make bruising more obvious- so that's Ibuprofen and Vit E.

But TBH they ought not to be much bruising because one of the most important things is to avoid veins!

Give yourself a few days downtime in case they are puffy but unlikely.

flux500 Wed 21-Jan-15 16:25:16

I would say get some strong arnica.

I had this and suffered very bad bruising which is to be expected. Not a treatment you can get away with in secret if you do bruise. I would not have it done again to be honest.

Even after mine calmed down the filler being in your face where there was none also creates new shadows on your face so you will need to get used to that. Is it better to have eye bags/hollows our look a bit puffy instead? wink

pinkfrocks Wed 21-Jan-15 17:43:05

flux- sorry to disagree but bad bruising is not to be expected. I had none at all. The bruising may occur if the person doing it isn't careful or experienced enough.

If you had a big difference between the filled areas and the rest of your face then you must have been 'overdone'. A good dr will be very careful not to do this. You shouldn't have experienced any new shadows- your face should have looked the same except for no hollows under the eyes.

You need the dr to discuss the outcome with you first- I was told to expect a 50% improvement and that is what I got. I'd not have it again due to cost and only getting 6 months from it but that was partly due to the conservative approach taken.

flux500 Wed 21-Jan-15 18:24:52

Pink I agree with that bruising is not in all cases but if you Google it you will see it is likely. I did have it bad and maybe it was because I was not prepared for how much it hurt and could have been unconsciously moving when she was injecting.

just saying don't have any events booked just incase smile

LadyPenny Wed 21-Jan-15 18:54:45

I had small round very black bruises on the areas where the injections where, so three under each eye.

Other than that I was very happy with the results. I had it done last August and it still looks good.

Next time I go I will take a course of Arnica before.

willowisp Wed 21-Jan-15 23:32:16

Would you consider having your eye bags removed instead ? A friend had hers removed & she looks great.

Something about fillers is not good IMO...

chipsandpeas Thu 22-Jan-15 08:32:34

Might as well ask here....is filler the best thing for under eye wrinkles....don't have eye bags just fine lines?

pinkfrocks Thu 22-Jan-15 08:33:59

You need to ask the dr.

If they are well qualified they will advise.

ScandiS Thu 22-Jan-15 11:37:10

Thanks ladies. I shall get some strong arnica. When I booked the appointment the receptionist told me to avoid Vit E, alcohol and aspirin/ibuprofen. I do bruise quite easily and still have a mark on my forehead where I had acupuncture done eh....15 (?) years ago.

To be honest I am quite nervous about it, but am so utterly fed up with my puffy eyes. I would never consider surgery and don't think that would work for me.

pinkfrocks Thu 22-Jan-15 13:27:02

I hope you have had a consultation with the dr before you go ahead? Most reputable drs would want to see you and discuss what they could achieve before you turn up. Tear troughs don't work for everyone. When I had mine done ages ago now the dr pushed her fingers around my face a bit first to see if fillers would do the job and showed me the difference before she started ( using a mirror.)

You need to have complete confidence in the dr because it is a tricky area to deal with and things can go wrong. I went to the person who's been voted best in UK for fillers and even she admits tear troughs are a tricky area to treat.

willowisp Fri 23-Jan-15 10:39:42

Why would you never consider surgery ?

My friend had her eye bags doneu see local. She looks so much better, fresher iyswim? She was also going to have fillers but at consultation told that she wouldn't get a very good result. Her surgeon works for the nhs & one of the top female eye people.

If you think about it - baggy filled up will be more baggy...think about having them removed.

Either way hope it goes well & you may find a lot of the surgeons no longer recommend arnica as it brings the bruising out. Have a look at the realself.com website.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: