Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Help me find long warm non wool jumper please!

(12 Posts)
nowitsenough Wed 21-Jan-15 10:28:39

I have no warm jumpers sad and it's so cold, cardi over tshirt isn't doing it anymore.

Has anyone seen any great jumpers? I can't wear wool of any kind, it makes me itch, needs to at least cover my fat arse, preferably not completely black, although black and white, black and grey etc ok, not totally acrylic either (does weird things to my already frizzy hair!), preferably cheap!! blush

smile

Sipsmith Wed 21-Jan-15 11:39:56

Have a look in Sainsbury's at the TU jumpers.
They have loads of long ones and very reasonably priced.

nowitsenough Wed 21-Jan-15 11:52:58

Our local Sainsburys is very small, so not much choice, I will try to get to a big one, but in the past their jumpers are mainly acrylic or acrylic/wool - and also not so long?

ApprenticeViper Wed 21-Jan-15 12:20:33

Does alpaca wool count? Sorry if it does, but this jumper is too lovely not to post! grin

ApprenticeViper Wed 21-Jan-15 12:26:44

And woo hoooo! My first attempt at posting a link worked! grin grin

Have a look on ASOS - there are millions in the sale, some with cracking discounts.

StrikesMatches Wed 21-Jan-15 12:29:42

I have the same problem and the best solution I've found is a silk vest under everything.

nowitsenough Wed 21-Jan-15 12:52:52

Thanks for the link Apprentice, just having a look. And thanks for the tip Strikes. I think I'd still feel the wool through the silk and I have skin problems, so would scratch myself raw!

Rivercam Wed 21-Jan-15 12:58:48

The trick to keeping warm is too layer up, as each layer acts as an insulation zone. So put a thermal on first, then long sleeve top, then a jumper ( or more layers, if necessary). My dh just got a thermal vest from m and s, or you could try outdoor shops. Outdoor shops also sell fleeces, which are warm and snuggly.

nowitsenough Wed 21-Jan-15 13:01:29

Hmmm, I can remember when I used to think how fuddy duddy my mum was for wearing a vest in winter blush, now I wear a camisole top underneath every day in winter. Still fancy a nice jumper though ...

homeaway Wed 21-Jan-15 19:59:54

You need a uniqlo thermal cami , then a new jumpersmile

Isandri Wed 21-Jan-15 20:18:35

Try woollovers the make jumpers in cotton, silk and other fabric as well as wool

SlateSilver Wed 21-Jan-15 21:19:42

Have you tried wearing cashmere? I can't wear wool. Neither can my children. Even 5% wool in an item of clothing has me tearing at my skin.

Cashmere (100% cashmere) is fine though and so so warm,

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: