Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

bikini line trimmers?

(8 Posts)
margaritasbythesea Wed 21-Jan-15 07:08:56

Is it worth getting some?

I tend to be a bit minimal about my bikini line. I just tidy it up around the edges and leave the rest. I have used hair removal creams in the past. I have sensitive skin and was scared of shaving. They are ok but the smell awful and are a faff, with small children coming in to investigate what I am doing.

I don't know why but did start shaving with an ordinary razor a little while ago. It is ok, but does leave some red bumps. I am wondering if a bikini trimmer would be better but don't want to fork out if they are really not much different.

Are they any good? Do you know a good one?

I don't think I would ever go to a salon for a wax, by the way. I' have nothing against it but just know I wouldn't spend my money that way.

nutellawithbananas Wed 21-Jan-15 20:22:44

This is my preference - but I would recommend getting a mans trimmer - usually cost the same or less, have lots of different heads so you can choose whats best for you or how close you want the trim and they last much longer. (Have had female ones break within a year or two, since living with other half for 4 years have not yet had to replace the one we bought when I moved in - and it does both of us and his beard - but diff attachments wink)

margaritasbythesea Wed 21-Jan-15 22:34:25

Now that is a multi Tasker! Do you have the wide one or the narrow one for beards?

SillyPops Thu 22-Jan-15 00:29:13

I use a very cheap boots own brand beard trimmer!

I get all sorts of rashes/bumps etc from any sort of hair removal down there! Luckily it naturally grows in the 'right' place so I don't have spiders coming out my bikini!

KissMyFatArse Thu 22-Jan-15 00:36:31

I just bought this one:
Panasonic ES246AC Heated Bikini Shaper & Trimmer off amazon and is pretty good.

margaritasbythesea Thu 22-Jan-15 07:12:36

Thanks. So, better than a razor for red spots would you say?

FreeButtonBee Thu 22-Jan-15 13:16:25

nutella - which brand of man's one do you have? I was also thinking the guy's ones look much more sturdy and up for the job than the ladies ones.

rumtumtugger Thu 22-Jan-15 13:21:47

Do they not chomp up your sensitive bits?!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: