Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

My favourite red lipstick has been discontinued- it was perfect. Can you help me track a replacement down?

(7 Posts)
Milmingebag Tue 20-Jan-15 21:58:57

It's the stay perfect 'love red' from No7 and the buggars have discontinued it.

I luffs that lipstick - it is the best red on me ever and it stays put without turning crusty on the lips or bleeding cat's bum style around my mush Gah! It's so annoying.

I have looked on eBay but there is nothing there. Tried Amazon- again nothing.

Is there anywhere else that stocks it?

Failing that is there a dupe for colour/formulation?

I have got the right hump. Red lipstick is my thing and I wear it everyday. I may have a tearful episode soon.

Others I have had from Mac and Revlon aren't the same shade.

chuffchuff Wed 21-Jan-15 10:16:08

It's available on the US Amazon site here

Obviously you'll have to pay a bit more for shipping but if you love it it's probably worth if smile

chuffchuff Wed 21-Jan-15 10:18:11

Sorry totally cocked up the link! here

NeitherHereOrThere Wed 21-Jan-15 10:28:48

I have it and its supposed to be a dupe for Mac Russian Red...

LollyLondon Wed 21-Jan-15 11:34:11

Email Boots/No 7 and be very complimentary and ask if there is any leftover stock you can buy? Others may have asked too, so they may reintroduce it, you never know.

Also, I read about this place a while ago - "bespoke recreation". Eye-wateringly expensive though - not sure I love any lipstick that much! www.alacartelondon.com/custom-blended-makeup/bespoke-recreation.html

catkate10 Wed 21-Jan-15 12:21:00

You can still buy the discontinued ones online, bought a couple no longer available in-store last week. Love Red is the 3rd colour on link and are buy one, get one half price! smile

www.boots.com/en/No7-Stay-Perfect-Lipstick_1273595

Milmingebag Wed 21-Jan-15 12:43:14

Oooooh! Thank-you so much- you've made my day.

I went into the store and was told that it had been discontinued. Came home did a search and bloody google feckers didn't link to the fact THEY STILL SELL IT ONLINE.

Off to stock up...

Thanks everyone for your input x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: