Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Slim Black Suit... Where would you suggest?

(14 Posts)
Feelingverysleepy Tue 20-Jan-15 20:23:03

I'm looking for a slim-ish cut, and ideally slim trousers / ankle skim, to wear with high heels. I can only seem to find navy, but would love a black one really so I could wear it with a wider variety of tops. Any I have found seem a bit 'boxy' in the jacket or not particularly fitted / flattering. Any suggestions for shops to try? Any links to suggestions would be massively appreciated. Starting new job next week and none of my pre-mat leave wardrobe fits.

TweenageAngst Tue 20-Jan-15 20:28:31

What is your budget?

Feelingverysleepy Tue 20-Jan-15 20:32:53

Up to £150 I was thinking. Thanks

Feelingverysleepy Tue 20-Jan-15 20:34:35

Or maybe £200 as just seen prices in Next. (Not had a suit job for a while confused)

TweenageAngst Tue 20-Jan-15 20:40:10

Hobbs tend to have mix and match suit options, next also.
Still some stuff in Austin Reed at sale prices

Brillenbar Wed 21-Jan-15 07:04:50

Banana republic. Wait for a discount code.

BearPear Wed 21-Jan-15 07:09:43

Next do smart work-wear. Not top quality I suspect, but I've had good pieces from there. Also, M&S have a surprisingly good range of office wear.

OneHandFlapping Thu 22-Jan-15 22:24:00

Ted Baker Quinn suit - had a few sizes left in the sale yesterday on their own website.

tattychicken Thu 22-Jan-15 22:27:25

French Connection

Armpitt Thu 22-Jan-15 22:28:25

agre Next. I got the MOST AMAZIGN suit there and I normally think its the home of polyester. It was last winter and its wool with lycra. It was bloody £££ but I adore it.
I wear it to a VERY formal serious place and it never bags

Armpitt Thu 22-Jan-15 22:29:22

here
www.next.co.uk/x5572s3 is similar

Armpitt Thu 22-Jan-15 22:30:12

i thought BR but their stuff last winter was crappy fabric

bberry Thu 22-Jan-15 22:36:28

I would recommend jigsaw, they use the same wool mix fabric each year so you can add new different jacket/trousers/skits and mix and match... Beautifully fitted and tailored and I buy in the sale each year so great value

frankietwospots Thu 22-Jan-15 23:06:41

I agree about the Ted Baker trouser suit. My friend just bought this and it's lovely. They do the jacket and trousers, but also a dress too.

www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Ted+Baker+Quinne+timeless+suit+jacket/202653306,default,pd.html

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: