Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Just how dated are kitten-heeled, pointy-toed boots?

(17 Posts)
ZuleikaJambiere Tue 20-Jan-15 19:50:50

I'm going to a wedding this weekend and given the weather forecast, I really wish I could wear boots rather than court shoes. I'm wearing a red dress with a short black jacket, but the only black boots I have are either biker ones (obviously or a inappropriate)

ZuleikaJambiere Tue 20-Jan-15 19:52:16

Oops, managed to lose half my post. Here it is again, in full

I'm going to a wedding this weekend and given the weather forecast, I really wish I could wear boots rather than court shoes. I'm wearing a red dress with a short black jacket, but the only black boots I have are either biker ones (obviously inappropriate) or a pair of knee-high boots with a kitten heel and pointy toe that I bought about 12 years ago and have been at the back of the wardrobe for many of those years. Any chance fashion has come full circle and they are stylish? Or will I just look like I'm
yearning to be in my 20s again?

HermioneWeasley Tue 20-Jan-15 20:05:25

Well, I just got rid of mine.....

WastingMyYoungYears Tue 20-Jan-15 20:10:09

I'm keeping mine so that I can wear them when they come into fashion again grin. But if I loved them (I simply like them), I'd be wearing them anyway grin.

ZuleikaJambiere Tue 20-Jan-15 20:22:43

I loved them about 8 years ago. I am feeling quite loving about the thought that I could squeeze an extra pair of socks in them and have warm feet in church.

minibmw2010 Tue 20-Jan-15 20:55:26

I love them, only kind of boots I can wear, am rubbish with heels. But not convinced about them with a dress, sorry.

Armpitt Tue 20-Jan-15 20:58:29

with boot cut?
VERY

with skinnies?
NOT

are these the boots with sock type legs?

Twinklestein Tue 20-Jan-15 21:12:44

Stilettos and kitten heels (rebranded micro heels) are right back in, so you'll be fine. Just pretend they're this year darling etc...

Click

Have you got a warm coat?

Gunpowder Tue 20-Jan-15 21:16:51

They're just coming back but require careful styling or you'll just look like a refugee from 2002.

LL0015 Tue 20-Jan-15 21:19:54

I think the dress will make the difference to regards the boots.
Black opaques?
Lightweight summer dress or heavier weight?

ZuleikaJambiere Tue 20-Jan-15 22:04:53

Definitely black opaques. The dress is a shift dress in quite a thick, stiff fabric, with a high enough neckline to hide multiple layers of vests underneath. The jacket isn't really winter weight, but heftier than summer. And I've also got some leather gloves.

I'm getting quite excited at the prospect of being able to dress warmly!

ZuleikaJambiere Tue 20-Jan-15 22:06:00

And, no, not the sock type legs. They are leather with a side zip

LL0015 Tue 20-Jan-15 22:06:57

Sounds fine to me!
Enjoy the wedding

ZuleikaJambiere Tue 20-Jan-15 22:09:34

I certainly will if I'm warm!

RosyAuroch Wed 21-Jan-15 08:14:44

They are the very dernier cri

Armpitt Wed 21-Jan-15 17:05:53

or DENIER CRI * see what I did there *

ZuleikaJambiere Wed 21-Jan-15 17:25:35

I like what you did there grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: