Advanced search

Stylish loungewear

(10 Posts)
Nevercan Mon 19-Jan-15 20:04:46

Hi all. I am looking for something to change into after work that is comfy but stylish. At the moment I put on my pjs or a baggy tracksuit but I am looking for something a bit more stylish that I wouldn't be embarrassed to answer the door in. Any ideas stylish people?

Oly4 Mon 19-Jan-15 20:31:12

White Company roll top trousers are really comfy and look good, like posh yoga pants. I wear with a fat face hoody (one of the cosy striped ones), and long sleeves t shirts from white company or crew

Nevercan Mon 19-Jan-15 20:41:23

Hadn't thought of the white company :-)

motleymop Mon 19-Jan-15 20:49:51

Have you looked at the stuff in Zara Home- quite nice.

letsgotothebeach Mon 19-Jan-15 20:50:26

Try the mail order/website company Hush.

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Mon 19-Jan-15 20:55:33

Look at Hush for ideas style wise - then get stuff from Uniqlo and Primark that does the same thing.

Cuffed joggers in a dark colour and nice fabric
Thick bedsocks or sheepskin slippers
Oversized cashmere or merino jumpers (try men's)
Longline vests (H and M good for these)
Long waterfally cardigans in nice knits and subtle colours are classier than dressing gowns just don't leave the house in one
Leggings - Sainsburys 'luxury leggings' are good.

Have a capsule wardrobe of loungewear bits and it will be a treat to fling stuff on. Only in colours that suit you and fabrics that feel lovely and wash well - doesn't mean expensive.

tak1ngchances Mon 19-Jan-15 21:00:26

I am now queen of loungewear as I'm on maternity leave with a 16 week old baby.
I wear:
- Cream UGG cardi Bailey boots
- Tracksuit bottoms that are fitted so not baggy on the arse, and cuffed at the bottom to fit into the UGG boots. I have them in light grey, dark grey abd black
- super soft vest top
- Uniqlo cashmere jumper or cardigan (I have 12 in all different colours)

Then if I need to go out quickly I put a scarf on that picks up one of the cashmere colours and I look quite presentable!

Nevercan Mon 19-Jan-15 21:51:34

Fab suggestions. Thanks

Lardylassnomore Mon 19-Jan-15 22:17:45

Try the Rosie range at m and s

mowglik Tue 20-Jan-15 00:21:08

Agree with all suggestions above and I like the idea of a capsule homewear wardrobe.. I think I need to get rid of my old bits and buy some stuff I feel good in

Love zara home and White company

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now