Advanced search

Lipstick recommendations

(7 Posts)
Sunmakesmesmile Mon 19-Jan-15 13:19:43

So I've recently started wearing lipstick after years of sticky lip glosses etc and I'm definitely becoming a fan. I've only used ysl rouge volupte so far, as I'm getting more used to the look of wearing lipstick who knew it could make such a difference! I'd like to try some others, any recommendations? I genuinely have no idea what the difference is amongst all of the choices. I'm after a orangey red colour. Thanks v much

CleanLinesSharpEdges Mon 19-Jan-15 13:26:57

I love Mac lipsticks, Lady Danger is a beautiful orangey red shade.

NeitherHereOrThere Mon 19-Jan-15 13:32:27

Try the Rimmel colour rush balm sticks - there are two reds (the redder the better is a good neutral red and the other red, On Fire is more coral red). I find it to be a great product for those not quite ready for a full on lipstick but it is definitely more than a stain/balm.

MsAspreyDiamonds Mon 19-Jan-15 14:05:40

I have just bought my ideal shade of lipstick after years of searching. It is Vamp by Sleek (available in Boots and Superdrugs) and only cost £4.99.

It is a deep plummy red, my lip tone but better iyswim. Now that I have bought it, i bet you they discontinue it as that always happens. I will go into town on Thursday and buy another 2 lipsticks just in case!

niminypiminy Mon 19-Jan-15 14:10:39

Estee Lauder Pure Colour Envy - expensive but fabulous lipstick - Impassioned or Defiant Coral both really good orangey reds.

Oceanpurple Mon 19-Jan-15 16:34:59

Chanel, Rouge Allure, Excentrique is nice.

Katrose Mon 19-Jan-15 16:48:29

If you want a smoother transition from lipgloss try something like revlon colour burst- two for a tenner in boots. Otherwise, I'm another vote for Estée Lauder grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now