Talk

Advanced search

bloody h&m delivery!

(25 Posts)
HelpMeGetOutOfHere Mon 19-Jan-15 11:54:24

My local h&m is rubbish, they never have any of the nice stock that is online for dd, who is now in the older girls range, so I ordered from them online.

I know they are slow with despatch and delivery but this is ridiculous. The authorisation has gone from my card now and no money taken, it was a fairly small order as wanted to check prices before ordering more for dd. I ordered on the 8th and it is all still in pending the delivery estimate has been and gone and the so called customer service on the phone was not helpful and said it was still pending and will be despatched 'soon'!

I wanted to order more stuff but at this rate the warmer clothing I want to order her and a few bits for me, will be no good as it'll be bloody summer!

aaqaggggghhhhhh how can a multi national company have such a rubbish e-commerce site?

Unexpected Mon 19-Jan-15 12:16:59

They have a rubbish delivery service, someone on here said it all gets dispatched from Sweden! I have given up ordering from them as I simply don't have several weeks to wait for things to be delivered.

DarylDixonsDarlin Mon 19-Jan-15 12:51:49

Possibly slowest delivery service ever! smile I complained once and they refunded my delivery charge, as I told them I don't mind waiting when its free but not when I have to pay for it! Think I had a £10 off next purchase voucher too

Only1scoop Mon 19-Jan-15 12:52:57

Very slow over a week here.

puppykidsX3 Mon 19-Jan-15 12:53:48

I am waiting for a delivery too. Apparently been dispatched on the 14th... I've emailed their customer services.

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Mon 19-Jan-15 12:54:33

I used a code for free delivery so no offer of a refund from them, but still 11 days and not even moved to processing. Will stick with zara and boden for dd, but she wanted some 'cool' clothes. Shes nearly 9 and enjoyed choosing them online and keeps asking when they are arriving. I think I may have created a monster as she asks to look at more clothes and can she add them to her bag??? best make sure none of them have stored passwords or card details blush

Harverina Mon 19-Jan-15 12:58:12

I would complain. What do they say in their FAQs about delivery times?

H&M we're very slow to even have online shopping. Most retailers had it for years prior to them. The online stock is better than the store though so that's why I like it.

ImTakingTheEssence Mon 19-Jan-15 13:02:15

The longest ive waited is a month they just kept pushing back the delivery date. Im currently waiting on something that should have been here on the 15th it says dispatched but the app is shit and keeps freezing.

dexter73 Mon 19-Jan-15 14:10:53

They are dire so I don't bother ordering anything from them now.

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Mon 19-Jan-15 15:07:23

I ordered a maternity parka a fortnight ago as I don't have any coats that do up any more. I will have frozen to death by the time it arrives I think. The delivery estimate says another fortnight sad

honeypie10 Mon 19-Jan-15 15:26:23

They are slow but it does usually tell you just before you click the final button the estimated delivery times of everything in your basket.

I must be a rare breed but I once had a parcel ordered on monday and here by thursday, free code for delivery too, but I agree complain they usually do send you a voucher.

KatoPotato Mon 19-Jan-15 15:26:48

I figured my delivery took so long because I'd used a free delivery code! They must just be universally bad then!

BelindaAllWorkedOut Mon 19-Jan-15 15:32:02

I would stop using their online delivery service, but they have some fantastic things in the sales, and it saves me trying to work my way through the masses of stock they have, too. So, my inner sloth will keep me using them, and just waiting it out.

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Tue 20-Jan-15 10:29:31

still just in pending with delivery date of 12-16th January!

Rang them again and was told they are very busy and it would be processed soon! I even went o a different town with a child's h&m store o see if they had any of the nice items we want online but no nothing and anything nice was not in dd's size. Maybe I should just order and hope for the best.

I have ordered before and fully expected it to be the last date shown on the order that delivery would happen on as that's what has happened previously.

With regards to the different stock online as to what is available in the store, why is it so different? Does it just sell out as soon as it hits the stores?

DarylDixonsDarlin Tue 20-Jan-15 12:13:39

Not sure, I hardly ever get to go in a store, my nearest is Plymouth and that's at least an hour and a half away. I visited the one at Merry Hill in October, then the one in Plymouth 2 weeks later, all completely different stuff! So there might be regional differences too confused.

My order arrived today, exactly as per the delivery estimate. Have you had any emails saying yours is being despatched or anything? I had an email saying mine was despatched, then another this morning saying it would be delivered in the next two days, then it arrived today.

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Tue 20-Jan-15 13:29:31

No emails from h&m. I have logged into my account and it is still in pending orders. When I ring to ask when it will progress to processing I am told soon. nothing else.

I have ordered a few times before and did expect a delay, but its usually arrived on the day that it says it will. e.g this time delivery estimate was 12-16 jan, so by previous experience I would have expected this to have arrived on the 16th. I paid with my debit card so no messing about ith accounts/invoices etc. The authorisation has now dropped off of my account and the money is still sat there untouched.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Wed 21-Jan-15 20:40:49

Mine came today, so that was somewhere between 1-2weeks. Haven't had time to check whether I like my order or not.

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Wed 21-Jan-15 21:22:06

Belinda did that match the estimate you were given?

Whippet81 Wed 21-Jan-15 21:22:53

I started a thread about this earlier (whoops).

I have only ordered twice and it has taken nearly 3 weeks each time. Can't be bothered to try again especially as the stuff aged 4-6 months was nowhere big enough for my 3 month old DS and had to all go back anyway.

TheLastThneed Wed 21-Jan-15 21:33:11

I've given up with ordering online from H&M. Their service is terrible.

QueenMartha Wed 21-Jan-15 21:39:49

It does come from Sweden so thats partly why it's so slow. Also because as a company they are useless at technology. I order things a lot but I don't expect it to arrive for at least 2 weeks. Any quicker and I'm delighted! The delivery estimates are mostly correct though and dispatch-delivery is often quick, it's just order-dispatch that takes a while.

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Thu 22-Jan-15 12:05:45

I've given up on it. have spent more money ordering at other retailers who I know can get it right. I would rather pay £40 for a jacket for dd that will arrive before dd's school disco, than continue with this useless company for one for £20. The £40 will probably be much nicer anyway.

HM

ZARA

I had also ordered a couple of sweatshirts and some harem trousers, and dresses.

They are refitting our local store, lets hope the decent stuff comes into store, although I don't get into the town centre much as I prefer keeping my weekends as family time instead of traipsing around shops with the dc.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Thu 22-Jan-15 14:23:25

I ordered on 11 Jan, with an estimate of 12-16 Jan (although I didn't believe that). The parcel arrived on 21 Jan. I wouldn't order anything from them that I needed to arrive quickly, but I still think that their sale items can be extraordinary value and, for the DDs I buy their sizes in advance, so don't mind when things come. I find Zara to be more efficient at delivering things, but even they have taken a couple of weeks, lately, to deliver (I ordered in the sale).

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Thu 22-Jan-15 14:32:22

Ordered last night from zara and had despatch notification already. I would still like the other items, but am not holding out any hope of receiving them anytime soon. The jacket was a present and she really wants it for school disco next week.

I had same estimate as you then but my items still not gone to processing, and I've rung customer services too many times now.

I really want to place a large order but don't want to risk it. sad

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Thu 22-Jan-15 14:32:59

oops and just notice in my op ive put check prices, I meant check sizes before placing a large order.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: