Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Best hair stylist in Manchester?

(12 Posts)
Justputyourshoesonnow Sun 18-Jan-15 20:08:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chicaguapa Sun 18-Jan-15 20:12:04

Simon at James Roberts, on the side street between House of Fraser and Bella Italia off Deansgate. He's the best stylist and colourist I've ever had. I recommended him to another mumsnetter and she was really pleased with her cut.

<kills thread> grin

Justputyourshoesonnow Sun 18-Jan-15 20:14:36

chicaguapa Sun 18-Jan-15 20:15:13

He's been cutting my hair for 10 years and although I've moved away I still travel 225 miles back to Manchester to get my hair done by him.

Ponyphysio Sun 18-Jan-15 20:15:19

Its a bit out of the way, but Freddies in Rawtenstall is amazing. And so entertaining with all the bitchy queens smile

chocoshopoholic Sun 18-Jan-15 20:19:12

Jamie at Toni and Guy on Mosely street did mine, I love it. My hair is the very fine mousy blond type, and I went from waist length to chin length.

chicaguapa Sun 18-Jan-15 20:20:14

It's a short layered bob now, but it has been all styles. I let him choose tbh. That's why I go back to him as I trust him completely. My hair is dead straight with no body. It's fine but there's a lot of it so people often think it's thick, but it's not.

He's won awards for colour too. But I'm going grey gracefully. wink

Please try him. I think he's £70 for a cut & blow dry so not cheap. But the right hair cut makes all the difference.

chicaguapa Sun 18-Jan-15 20:22:09

I tried Freddies but was disappointed tbh. I thought it was overpriced for the cut I got and it was quite uninspiring. Maybe I got a dud stylist. confused

Justputyourshoesonnow Sun 18-Jan-15 20:23:28

chicaguapa Sun 18-Jan-15 20:29:37

Yes. He will talk to you about what you want and how your hair falls etc before you go off to have it shampooed. He cuts Michelle Keegan's hair too.

FluffyMcnuffy Sun 18-Jan-15 21:21:07

David Rozman

LakeFlyPie Sun 18-Jan-15 23:43:42

Olivier Morosini on Tib St.

He cuts my Mum's short hair (which is v thick) and it always looks great.

Great stylist and reasonably priced IMHO.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: