Advanced search

Help me work out dd's bra size

(16 Posts)
Endler32 Sun 18-Jan-15 15:51:00

Ok, I. Trying to measure dd (11) for her first bra, measurement under her boobs is 24", over boobs is 26" so what size does she need?

Now to measure myself as I have to admit to never measuring myself sad.

Quitethewoodsman Sun 18-Jan-15 15:53:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Endler32 Sun 18-Jan-15 15:55:25

She won't go and get measures, she has Aspergers and hates anything like that so I need to order online sad.

Endler32 Sun 18-Jan-15 15:55:45

KatyMac Sun 18-Jan-15 15:56:07

Don't go to M&S

She'll probably be OK with a sort of Bratop or sports type bras they do for younger girls

They don't make Bra's that small....but of the did she might be a 24B

loudarts Sun 18-Jan-15 15:59:37

They don't make bras below 28a so you would try that to start with, but maybe get sports bras instead

VikingLady Sun 18-Jan-15 15:59:40

24b. From the bra intervention threads! And that should be a size that's easy to find in teen sections smile

Endler32 Sun 18-Jan-15 16:00:33

Thank you, she's very dainty but boobs seem to be growing fast, I was trying to order from debenhams but the smallest they do is a 28" but only in a A or AA ( so too big around the back but not big enough cup? I think I will just go for the sports bras, they will be easier for her to get on and off anyway.

VikingLady Sun 18-Jan-15 16:00:46

There are places sell bras in a 24, mainly in teen sections! Debenhams do.

AnguaResurgam Sun 18-Jan-15 16:01:54

She would be around a 24B. I had a similarly sized DD, and could not find a single supplier that went down to a 24 band.

26 is available, but not widely and can be expensive (the usual trade off going up a band size would be down a cup, so 26A).

I realise that's not hugely helpful to you OP, and so hope someone will come along with recommendations of where teen bras in 26 or smaller can be found.

AnguaResurgam Sun 18-Jan-15 16:05:29

VikingLady I cannot see anything below a 28 on Debenhams site.

Can you save me from my incompetence and link the 24 (and 26) band bras? What cup sizes do they stock?

dementedpixie Sun 18-Jan-15 16:24:15

I would use stretchy crop tops tbh as you will not get a 24 back bra

KatyMac Sun 18-Jan-15 16:27:06

Please ideally link me to a 26E as I have been searching for one for nearly 3 years

I've only found it on a polish (I think) site costing over £30!!

Endler32 Sun 18-Jan-15 16:36:45

You would have thought they would go down to that size, I'm sure there must be really skinny people with bigger boobs, though I have the opposite problem as I have a wide back and small boobs.

She will just have to wear sports bras, this is what I do as they fit more snugly.

KatyMac Sun 18-Jan-15 16:39:05

There does seem to be a wide selection at Debenhams in the children's department & if you order a few you should be able to work out sizing & send back what you don't need

In case you struggle as I did underwear is under 'Tights!'

Nobody sells 24 band bras. There was one company doing 26s (Made in Preston) but they have recently switched to wholesale only

Unfortunately the smallest readily available is a 28. Bear in minds that cups are not the same in different bands - roughly, a 24B would have the same cup volume as a 26A and a 28AA. So I'd try a 28A and AA. You could take the bands in if you can sew, if not there is a gadget called a Rixie Clip which is used to shrink bra bands.

Don't touch M&S fitting with a ten food barge pole grin, but some of their bras run a bit tight in the band.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now