Advanced search

Pattern over plain? Or plain over pattern?

(7 Posts)
Rhymerocket Sun 18-Jan-15 11:37:13

So I'm making a dress and jacket ensemble. Was gonna make the dress in a gorge navy and green pattern fabric and the jacket in plain green fabric to match. Sister thinks u should always have plain dress with pattern jacket. Does it matter? Is there a law here I'm unaware off?

No idea about rules but personally I'd prefer a patterned dress and plain jacket. That way you could wear the jacket with other things too.

OneLittleLady Sun 18-Jan-15 11:53:37

i'd do patterned dress and plain jacket as then i could wear the jacket with other things and the dress would make an impact worn on it's own without the jacket. I think patterned jackets are harder to match to thinks personally

rockybalboa Sun 18-Jan-15 12:05:04

Bucking the trend here but I'd do plain dress and patterned jacket. You'll probably find you can style the plain dress in lots of different alternative ways (different jackets, cardis, belts etc) and a patterned jacket could look cool with a white tshirt/vest and jeans etc.

Gem124 Sun 18-Jan-15 13:12:20

I think either would be lovely, I would be more inclined to do pattern dress, plain jacket xx

Agrestic Sun 18-Jan-15 13:19:01

I'm with your sister, plain dress and patterned jacket. I'd probably get more wear out of both piece's that way round

burnishedsilver Sun 18-Jan-15 13:21:58

I'd prefer the patterned dress option but there's no rule. Either way is fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now