Talk

Advanced search

If i like cos - what else will I like?

(37 Posts)
You4coffee Sat 17-Jan-15 18:08:23

I really like the simplicity of cos - the shapes and colours appeal to me. Is there any where else similar that people can recommend?

Saurus72 Sat 17-Jan-15 19:11:46

Whistles does some pared-down clothes which I really like. Like Cos, the fit can sometimes be a bit wierd, but I think Whistles can be a bit more wearable than Cos. They can be a bit polyester-happy though, so be careful hmm

BoftheP Sat 17-Jan-15 19:36:45

Toast and & other stories?
www.stories.com/gb/

Darkchocsprinkles Sat 17-Jan-15 20:17:53

Kïn by John Lewis.

SuperFlyHigh Sat 17-Jan-15 20:52:06

Whistles quality in knitwear and some others is dire I think.

I agree with &other stories also some Zara and comptoir des Cottoniers and also The Kooples.

Milmingebag Sat 17-Jan-15 22:27:15

I was going to start a thread on shops that sell pared down neutral clothes yesterday as apart from Mint Velvet and The White Company there doesn't seem to be a lot out there.

Poetry is sometimes good for knitwear.

Milmingebag Sat 17-Jan-15 22:32:17

Meant to also add Repeat cashmere. They do other stuff as well!

blueshoes Sat 17-Jan-15 22:57:47

Me + Em: www.meandem.com/

blahbloodyblah Sat 17-Jan-15 23:02:54

Helmut Lang

McQ Alexander McQueen

Some Westwood

All very ££££

I too like Cos

The White Company range seems to get smaller and more droopy each season, sadly.

I like Whistles for jersey skirts and for t-shirts - quality fine for those, but not so for jumpers. And most of the dresses and blouses are polyester now.

CoconutAmericano Sun 18-Jan-15 09:12:52

I love Cos. It's my favourite clothes shop. Other shops I like are Whistles, Massino Dutti, & Other Stories. I like Zara scarves and sometimes their coats. Some Maje is nice too.

Bluegill Sun 18-Jan-15 09:17:26

I buy most of my clothes from cos, combined with zara and All Saints and whistles.

GeorginaWorsley Sun 18-Jan-15 09:41:15

I love the neutral colour palette of The White Company but they seem more expensive each year
I like mint velvet too.
I've never bought from &Other Stories as yet but I like the look if some of their stuff.
Don't think they have any shops in the north though but as I buy most of my stuff online that shouldn't be a problem!
The trouble with Cos clothes etc though is the shapes and fit can be difficult to judge online.

ZaraW Sun 18-Jan-15 09:48:43

I love Cos too. Plumo is worth a look.

missmartha Sun 18-Jan-15 09:51:13

I wear a lot of Cos and also like Bimba y Lola.

velourvoyageur Sun 18-Jan-15 09:53:38

Thank you v. much for the heads up on Toast! The sale there is amazing shock

Nothing useful to add as all above posts have been great- except that I've had bad things about the quality of The Kooples/Zadig and Voltaire/IKKS. And it's sooo expensive!

velourvoyageur Sun 18-Jan-15 09:57:17

* heard bad things

Greengardenpixie Sun 18-Jan-15 10:43:37

I love some of the stuff from toast! skirts are a bit shite and avoid anything tent like. sizes are a bit hit or miss. Most things ive had to size down one size.

SuperFlyHigh Sun 18-Jan-15 12:22:42

Coconut - I agree I don't often go there but I like Massimo Dutti too.

What I've bought from there (red top with bow tie at back), metallic open backed sweater/top) and quilted jacket all very nice,

velourvoyageur Sun 18-Jan-15 17:26:24

I bought two tunics from Toast this morning smile very cheap!

Have some gorgeous purple suede Chelsea boots from MD....but can only shop there in the sale!

Milmingebag Sun 18-Jan-15 18:24:05

Autograph sometimes has a good season. The things I have had from there have been well made although not overly generous on the the sizing front.

BoftheP Sun 18-Jan-15 21:14:12

Just looked up Plumo. Amazing stuff, totally up my street looks in wallet, sighs

Was going to suggest Monki, cheaper and younger but sell some Cos like peices. Asos also sell Monki.

www.monki.com

Cornonthecob Sun 18-Jan-15 21:15:16

All Saints, French Connection

RachelGryn Fri 28-Apr-17 18:59:24

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

FluffyBathTowel Fri 28-Apr-17 20:13:29

The Finery?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now