Advanced search

(10 Posts)
Greengardenpixie Sat 17-Jan-15 11:48:23

caring for it? Can i put it in the machine on a wool/handwash cycle or is that a definite no?

dexter73 Sat 17-Jan-15 11:50:25

I wash my cashmere on the cold wool cycle. Comes out fine every time. Life is too short for handwashing!

sleepwhenidie Sat 17-Jan-15 11:54:47

Yep, wool wash, cold is ok and I've done 30 deg wool wash too and been fine so far. Do not try with baby alpaca however, that was a sad sad day.

Greengardenpixie Sat 17-Jan-15 12:12:56

Thats great. I never actually handwash items. Always machine and on a wool or handwash. The coldest cycle mine has is 30. That is the wool and handwash cycle so will put it in thats. Thanks! smile

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 17-Jan-15 12:22:34

I have some washable Pure New Wool, the label recommends Woolite or similar, no detergent with brighteners.
I put them in a net bag to stop them tangling (my machine is a 8kg so I save up a wool wash)
Put in the 30 wash cycle
Dry flat

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 17-Jan-15 12:23:12

Missed point of thread- cashmere goes in with wool sweaters

sleepwhenidie Sat 17-Jan-15 12:42:54

Good additional advice though 70, I use woolite for cashmere and if I remember/cba a mesh bag too.

Saurus72 Sat 17-Jan-15 13:12:33

I use my normal washing detergent (M&S) and wash it on a 30 degree delicates cycle - always absolutely fine. I never hand wash and very very very rarely dry clean - I just don't think it gets things properly clean.

Lardylassnomore Sat 17-Jan-15 16:54:05

I am sure m and s do a cashmere washing liquid for something like £3

missmartha Sat 17-Jan-15 17:23:32

I once tried to felt a cashmere sweater for a craft project (don't ask).

I boiled the wretched thing, I beat it with a rolling pin, I poured washing up liquid on it and pummelled it, I abused it utterly.

It refused to be anything other than soft as a baby's bottom and didn't shrink at all. I reckon they're bomb proof.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now