Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

funeral help.

(2 Posts)
Archiesnan Fri 16-Jan-15 22:38:33

My dad sadly passed away and is being cremated in two weeks and I have no idea what to wear. I would like to wear a dress but only wear flat shoes would this look ok ? I have seen a nice navy dress but what colour shoes or tights ? Can anyone recommend a really good waterproof mascara - I'm in bits now so need something that won't run. Thank you in advance.

sillymillyb Fri 16-Jan-15 22:43:40

I am really sorry about your dad. Mine passed when I was 21 and I wore purple in the end!

I think a dress with flat shoes is totally fine, I would prob wear nude tights, and shoes.... Well, I'm no style expert so I'd prob just chuck my smart black ones on. Hopefully someone with more fashion sense to guide you will be along soon!

On the eyelash front could you dye them prior (I use an eyelure kit and it's really simple) then just curl them on the day?

I am thinking of you op, I hope it goes as well as can be expected thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: