Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Solve my shiny nose

(16 Posts)
Vivacia Fri 16-Jan-15 21:12:48

I was putting my make-up on and I swear between putting my brush down and looking up, my nose had already gone shiny. Can anyone help?

I wear a No7 matt base, clinique super balanced foundation (or is tinted moisturiser?) and then No7 loose powder on my t zone.

Instituteofstudies Fri 16-Jan-15 23:30:28

I find Benefit Porefessional really takes the shine away. How long for I suppose would depend on just how greasy your t zone is though.

YoungJoseph Sat 17-Jan-15 07:06:21

Not sure what you mean by 'matt base'? Is it a primer? I now use powder before (and after on my noes) foundation. it helps keen my foundation in place and reduces the shine.

YoungJoseph Sat 17-Jan-15 07:06:50

nose not noes.

mofro Sat 17-Jan-15 07:09:05

Shine control sheets - little blotting paper things to wipe off the shinr. Use mine about lunchtime

Vivacia Sat 17-Jan-15 07:20:49

Thank you, do these sheets not wipe off any foundation though?

RaspberryBeret34 Sat 17-Jan-15 11:33:01

A cotton wool pad with milk of magnesia swiped over any really shiny areas before foundation helps. Also powder before and after foundation.

Vivacia Sat 17-Jan-15 13:10:44

Thanks Raspberry have followed your tip with a Google and I'm going to give it a go.

Amrapaali Sat 17-Jan-15 13:37:06

These are the absolute best blotters. Doesn't interfere with makeup at all and does the job brilliantly.

Plexie Sat 17-Jan-15 22:19:10

Muji do facial blotting tissues. They're made of paper, unlike some other brands which are plastic. And no, blotting sheets don't remove foundation - they just absorb oil.

louwn Sun 18-Jan-15 21:03:18

Agree with Amrapaali - the Kleenex ones are amazing and I have pretty oily skin. I use a good oil control moisturiser (La Roche Posay Effaclar) and Estee Lauder doublewear foundation - a lot of foundations make me look way too shiny!

MrsMarigold Sun 18-Jan-15 22:29:44

I find Rizla papers just as good as any other blotters and they are always available.

cakedup Sun 18-Jan-15 23:18:37

I gave up on blotters when I ran out and blotted my skin using a tissue instead - to discover it does the same job.

Vivacia do you moisturise? I never moisturise my nose as it is pretty much self moisturising and unless my skin is particularly dry, I avoid moisturising my t-zone in the mornings (I just moisturise in the evenings instead) and it makes a huge difference to shiny face levels.

Vivacia Mon 19-Jan-15 06:50:21

I do moisturise. Thanks for the tips, lots for me to think about and experiment with.

cakedup Mon 19-Jan-15 17:29:12

Try going without moisturiser in the morning (or at least avoid the t-zone) - you'll definitely see the difference.

Fabulassie Mon 19-Jan-15 18:59:52

Try powder under foundation.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: